We are 8 hours away from lift off and we are ready to go. We are nervous, excited, scared, nervous, excited, scared...but we can't wait to get to Russia! I go back and forth from being so happy and excited to feeling overwhelmed by how much our lives are about to change in just a few hours. Two weeks ago when we were asked about travelling earlier rather than later, none of it seemed real and now it is starting to sink in, that seven years of waiting to be a mommy and a daddy are about to finally be here.
I've belonged to an online mommy support board for the past 6 years and this week several of the ladies had the idea to pack me a virtual suitcase. Money was no object on what they would "buy" me for the trip. They had all kinds of "gifts" from Coach passport covers to high end digital cameras to a personal photographer to travel with us to document the entire trip. But I think the gift that was put into my suitcase that touched me the most was from Tami that said she would buy me a new heart because I was about to give mine away to someone I've never met before. I think that about sums up how we feel right now. We're ready to go to Russia and we are ready give our hearts away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I am just so thrilled for you guys! I've read your blog hit and miss for a while when I can and am so excited to see this news!!!
I cannot tell express how excited and happy we are for you!! I am truly humbled by the miracle that is about to happen to ya'll. Your lives will never be the same and in a short few months from now, you won't be able to remember life without your beautiful child(ren). Travel safe, try to stay relaxed, keep an open mind & heart and prepare yourself to feel loved like NEVER before. We can't wait to hear from you. (((Hugs)))
~Katie, Jeff & Anna Kate
Susan I am so excited for you. I have know you and Randy for such a short time IRL, but I know you are gonna be such great parents. You are both amazing people. I can not wait to meet your child in just a few weeks from now. Have a wonderful trip. I can not wait to hear all about your little one. If you need anything let me know!!
Godspeed! We are so excited to follow your journey! This will be an amazing week with lots of memories you'll have forever. Take lots of pictures.
Best wishes!
I'm so excited for you and can't wait for you to meet your child. I look forward to meeting up with you in Moscow!
Have a safe and wonderful journey.
Sending hugs and wishes your way for safe travels! I can't wait to hear all about your little one and the first meeting. Good luck!
I'm so excited for you! Have a great trip and I can't wait to hear all about it!
Oh my gosh, I'm about to cry! That's so sweet and I'm truly happy, excited and nervous for you too!!! Have a WONDERFUL, SAFE, EXCITING trip - take lots of pics, ask a million questions and report back to all of us!!! heehee.
Have fun too meeting your little one(s).
BEST-
Jane
As I type this you are already on your way. I have goosebumps of excitement for you knowing what you are in for! I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see your reaction when the MOE gives you the referral and then again when they bring your baby to the room to meet you for the first time. It's an amazingly surreal experience and one that you will remember for the rest of eternity.
I'm praying that this is an easy trip for you...that the first referral you get you have complete and total peace about making your child.
Try to enjoy each and every moment...take TONS of pictures, not only of your referral, but also of the orphanage, the city, the buildings...everything. All of that might not seem terribly important right now, but it will later.
Have fun! Be safe! I can't wait for the updates!
We are all praying for you! Best wishes! Can't wait to follow along~
I'm so excited that you are on your way to meet your child. I am looking forward to following your blog this week. May God be with you as you meet your child and become a family!
I can't wait to hear about your referral! Have a wonderful trip, and take lots of pictures!! :)
I can't wait to hear about your referral! Have a wonderful trip, and take lots of pictures!! :)
Post a Comment