Sunday, February 24, 2008

Showered With Love and Gifts

I had a GREAT shower yesterday. My girlfriend Wanda (Auntie Wanda) and my future sister-in-law-that-I-just-call-sister-in-law-already, Amy, hosted my shower at the Ambrosia Tea Room in Salado, TX. It was the perfect shower, wonderful food, good friends and God blessed us with absolutely perfect central Texas weather. My "Adopting: Bump Not Required" shirt arrived just in time for the big day. Check out Wendy's website for adoption clothing, they are adorable and I received compliments on my shirt all day.


My friends gave me lots of wonderful baby gifts and I had a lot of fun putting everything away today and getting the nursery more organized. It's so much fun to have a shower when you know the little person that all the gifts are for. Each gift means so much to me and will be so helpful and fun when Artem gets home. Randy and I are very lucky to have such good friends that treat us so well.


9 comments:

Ryan and Amy said...

What nice gifts - thanks for posting the pictures. Brady got the same leapfrog toy and loves it. Can't wait to hear more about your new travel dates.

Robin said...

Looks like you got a bunch of great gifts. Glad to hear that the shower was perfect. You deserve it!

Jodi said...

It sounds like you were showered with wonderful gifts and love by some great friends!

ana said...

Looks like you had a very nice shower. What a wonderful way to pass the time while waiting on the court date. Artem now has some cute stuff!

Allison said...

Sounds like a wonderful shower! I agree, it is so much fun when you know the little one that will be enjoying the gifts.

Troy and Rachel said...

Looks like you got lots of great stuff!! Now you just need your little guy!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

What a nice shower! It looks like you got many nice gifts!

Jane and Jim said...

Looks like the little guy made out great! I can't wait til you go to Russia again!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! Great gifts!! I'm looking forward to see pictures of Artem enjoying all those!! Thanks for sharing :)