Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Time For Prayers

We are in desperate need for some prayers. We have still not received our 171H even though our home study was received by the USCIS office on Dec 14th. We received a letter from them on Saturday saying our HS "lacked information".

*They said we are missing our CANRIS clearance (child abuse registry). This is stapled to our FBI clearance, TX Dept of Public Service clearance, and local law enforcement agency clearance. So if they don't have our CANRIS they do not have any of the other clearances, yet only the CANRIS was checked as missing.

*They said we have to have in Q&A form answers to "have you been arrested, have you been rejected for a previous home study, have you been the victim of abuse". ALL of this is in our report in Q&A form.

*They said we are missing our social workers recommendation on whether or not we should be allowed to adopt and it is in our home study.

Everything they say we are missing is in our home study. We scanned our home study and sent them an email that said to refer to page such and such and see attachment such and such to show them it is all there. We sent this on Saturday. They were closed Monday for the holiday and their policy is to answer emails within 48 hours. Their 48 hours is up and I am going to call my congressman and see what action we can take.

We have a son sitting in a Moscow orphanage that rocks himself back and forth on his own for self-soothing while we are back here in the states wanting to be a mom and a dad that spend their days rocking that little boy and showing him how good it feels to have a mommy and daddy who loves him.

We would appreciate any prayers you can spare so we can get our 171H and get our court date scheduled.

18 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

Praying for you. Bureaucracy is crazy, isn't it? It sometimes seems like a little ink on a piece of paper is more important than safety, security, and life itself. We're a waiting Kaz family and I spent the afternoon on updating paperwork for our adoption. Email me and I[ll invite you to our blog.. ruley@tampbay.rr.com

Tiger & Kar said...

Oh, Susan - I am so sorry. Absolutely we will say prayers for all 3 of you. Please keep us posted.

Hugs & prayers sent your way,
Kar

Becky and Keith said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this! We'll be praying for you! I hope your Congressman is able to help you get this resolved.

ana said...

So sorry to hear this. You've had more than your share of paperwork difficulties. We will definitely pray for all of you.

Jodi said...

Prayers going up for you! I'm going to do some digging. I used to have the phone number for the SA "orphans officer". If I can find it, I'll absolutely email it to you ASAP!

Beth said...

Prayers coming your way! Please do call your congressman - we did this to get our approval before our first trip and it worked out very well. Hoping your next blog entry is that the approval is in the mail!

Rob said...

You know that we're praying for ya!!

And I'm confident it's going to work out in the next few days.

Anonymous said...

Susan - you guys are definitely in our prayers and thoughts - hopeful that all is resolved by the end of the week. This happened to us also - our social worker knew the number to fax them (210-967-7099 from the copy we have) - the information was also in our homestudy. She said this happens all the time with the SA office. Hopefully they will expedite - please let us know if we can do anything!
Kathy and Doug

Joy said...

I will send you a prayer that they just over looked the information and that the I-171 will be on its way in the next day or so.
Joy

Ryan and Amy said...

Praying for you also. So sorry to hear about this. Hopefully they will open up that HS and realize their mistake. God bless!

Chris said...

Oh my gosh! We will be praying big time for this to be resolved PDQ!

Dede said...

I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. Keep sending them emails and use that fax number that Kathy & Doug gave you. Being a squeaky wheel helped us out when our I-171H renewal got delayed by the OKC office.

Lindsay said...

Isn't bureaucracy maddening! Just when you think you are on the home straigt along comes some frustrating, ridiculous nonsense to add to the stress! I'm sure it will all be sorted out quickly. Good luck.

Carey and Norman said...

We will absolutely keep you in our prayers. I hope that they find this document and forward it to you ASAP. Waiting is hard enough when you aren't scrambling around looking for documents.

I'm so excited about your referral and look forward to reading about your second trip soon!

Robin said...

I will definitly be praying for you. I hope all works out for you and this is resolved and nothing but a memory!

Angie and Curt said...

Your post brought me out of lurk mode. :)
I've been following your adventure for awhile and wish you all the best. Prayer request noted and active.
Angela

Suz said...

Oh my goodness, I'm praying for you all in this situation.

If it drags out, call your senator. They can move those Bureaucratic mountains quickly when they put their minds to it!

Lauren said...

Praying for you and Randy to have peace and faith in the midst of such a frustrating situation. And prayers for a quick resolution too.