Thursday, February 21, 2008

Artem...Here We Come!!

We've got our court date!!! March 31st. We have to be in Russia on the 29th with court on Monday the 31st. We'll see Artem again before court for one visit. Moscow does not waive the 10 day waiting period so we'll come back to the states to wait for Gotcha Day. That puts Gotcha Day on April 11th and then we'll spend April 11th-18th in Moscow doing paperwork and then leave to come home on April 19th. Maybe the weather will be starting to warm up in Moscow during that time. Even though court is over a month away, the timing really works out for us. Just think of all the advance notice we've got for airline tickets and visas. Woohoo... no overnight processing charges for our visas which cost us a small fortune last trip. We were told the late court date was due to judges' vacations. Our friends Carlos and Sally that went with us on the first trip will have court and Gotcha day for their son on the same days. We are so excited to travel with them again.

We still have not heard anything on our 171H. I had decided to give them until today to file the paperwork with the congressman. I spoke to their office yesterday and filled out the paper work last night to open a congressional inquiry into the matter. At least court is a month away so we've got time to get that taken care of.

I ordered a shirt for my shower that is this Saturday that says, "Paper Pregnant, Bump Not Required". It should have arrived today and there was a key in my mailbox for the box that they deliver boxes in, but when I opened up the mailbox it was empty. Figures. I called the post office and the postman already left for the day. Grrr... But we've got a court date so that trumps everything!!!

27 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news!!

Mama Fish said...

Susan! Awesome news on the court date!! I hope that you get the I171 document resolved soon!

Robin said...

Congratulations on the court date!

yorkiemom said...

Congratulations on your court date and for having so much notice to make arrangements (and get your 171-h).

Jodi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you! That will give you 'just enough' time to get everything done! I'm crossing my fingers that the 171-H just works itself out in the next few days and you don't have to stress about it anymore!!

Ryan and Amy said...

WHOO HOO!!! Congrats - that is so great - so happy for you!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Oh my gosh! That's incredible!! I'm so happy for you. Having that court date gives such a good feeling, doesn't it? You know when you'll hold your little Artem again! Good luck with the I-171!

YEAAAAA!!

Melissa said...

Yay! I am so excited for you. You will have your boy home soon.

BTW I went to BRU the other day and got your shower gift! I will send it out monday even though I know your shower is this weekend. Congrats girl!

Dede said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy to hear this news and I'm glad that Carlos & Sally will be there the same time.

Chris said...

Wow! That was quick! How wonderful! It has been so cool watching your journey progress.

We'll pray for that I171-H.

Beth said...

Congrats on the court date Susan and Randy! Enjoy your baby shower :)

Michelle said...

Congratulations!!! Hope you have a blast at your shower, even though you already got the best gift ever... a court date!! I'm so happy for you!!

Becky and Keith said...

CONGRATS! I hope you are able to get the 171 issue resolved quickly and painlessly!

LC said...

Congratualtions! Everything will work out ok... Its amazing how quickly things are moving along for you.

Kelley - a very JunqueyGal! said...

I'm so happy for you! Sending you some smooth sailing vibes so that the paperwork gets resolved & your shirt gets there in time!

Anonymous said...

Here we go! Sally

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! I can't wait to see pictures of little Artem:)
dana~

Joy said...

Wow,
In my mind I knew that you would be coming home with your little an soon. I am so happy for you.
Joy

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

That's wonderful news Susan! I'm so happy for you all! Congratulations on getting your court date! :)

karen said...

Great news! Here's hoping the next month flies by quickly and you have sweet Artem in your arms for good!

Jane said...

I have been out of the loop for so long and I came here to find this wonderful news! Congratulations! The time will fly with all the preparations your doing. Crossing my fingers for the 171-H. Absolutely fantastic news!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

That is soooo exciting! And what amazing timing. You guys are going to the top of our prayer list for your CIS clearance!!!

Jane and Jim said...

Woooo Hooooo! So exciting - I'm so truly happy for you!

Deb said...

WooHoo!!! Congratz! I'll be praying for the 171h to come in plenty of time to not stress about it.

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! That date is coming up so soon! :D I hope your missing documents will turn up soon so that everything will go on smoothly. Enjoy the baby shower!! :D (love the shirt, lol!)

Suz said...

Oh my goodness gracious that was soooo fast! You are blessed beyond words! That I-171H will come in time, it will.

Melissa said...

congrats on a court date. you are lucky you got such a big notice ahead of time.