Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saw My Therapist

This past week has been a very trying week to say the least and I felt it was best to spend some time with my therapist today to get my head in order and get things sorted out. This is not the first time I've seen a therapist. When Randy went to Korea and Iraq I met with a therapist quite a bit and they really helped me get through those challenging times. Some of you in Central Texas may be familiar with my therapist as they are pretty well known in the area, but if anyone is in need of a good therapist, I highly recommend you see mine!!!

Here are some of the results of our meeting today:


I found some really good sales on clothes at Children's Place and plan on donating the clothes to Artem's baby home. Hopefully I can save a future family from meeting their child for the first time in pink tights and green lederhosen!!

16 comments:

Jodi said...

Ahhh yes...my favorite kind of therapy. :) I'm glad you took some time today to get away and do something fun. You got some ADORABLE things! I'm praying for you guys!

Katie said...

Now who knew you and I had the very same therapist? Let me introduce you to a new therapist............http://www.kellyskids.com/kkids/spring_08/wmindex.pgm . Granted, it's nearly impossible to get an 'in office' appointment, but they have great 'literature' :-)

Hugs,
Katie

Kris said...

I feel so darn gullible right now! I totally thought your pictures were trying to tell me your therapist recommended shopping for you until I clicked the link and saw your joke. DUH!!!

You've got a wonderful spirit and such a strong faith. In the words of Journey...Keep on Believin'!

Melissa said...

It was definately a fun trip! I say next time I leave the girls with Patrick so I dont feel bad about leaving them outside while we go in the stores. We will stop by tomorrow afternoon to do the carseat.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

I need some of that retail therapy too! Wished I lived closer to you :) I was totally buying into the whole therapist thing too...I need to go to bed!

Congratulations on the visa and Robeez donation!!

Matthew Ruley said...

Catching up on your blog. I'm so sorry USCIS is giving you issues. Aint government grand? Seriously I hope you hear something on Monday.

We're also waiting to adopt, but from Kaz, and last week we had some issues which actually gave me eMotion sickness - same symptoms of regular motion sickness, and I discovered that a bucket is a very interesting fashion statement.

Hope you hear that the I171H is on its way to you on Mond or even better that its in your mailbox!

Ryan and Amy said...

Have to admit also my favorite kind of therapy (pretty bad coming from a therapist) - love the adorable clothes and nice job on the deals!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Retail therapy is the BEST! You found so many cute clothes for Artem and for the baby home! I hope you were able to have fun today and enjoy preparing for him! We're continuing to pray that everything works out as originally planned and that you will be able to return for Artem ASAP!

Becky and Keith said...

You got some great buys!! Don't you just love the $1.99 sweaters from the Children's place? Too cute! Artem is going to be one dressed up little guy!

Lindsay said...

Love the new blog look. LOVE the photo!

Therapy looks like it was very productive.

Fingers, toes and everything in between crossed for good news for you tomorrow.

Ani said...

Hi there, I just found your blog and I pray you hear good travel news soon!

We are parents to a beautiful toddler son, adopted domestically, so adoption is clearly VERY close to my heart. Can't wait for you to bring your son home.

All the best.

Deb said...

LOL!!! Maybe I should go have a therapy session. That is just so funny.

Anonymous said...

Your therapist has a sister with an outlet in Miami :-). How come I'm ending up with all the helicopter stuff?! I did find a great quilted firetruck jacket in Miami for $10. at Gymboree--of course, that fact that it was 88 degrees here yesterday might have something to do with that bargain price! This weekend's been crazy: oldest has a symphony concert that we have to leave for in 1/2 an hour, so can I call you tomorrow? That way we can catch up on all the good things that will happen on Monday :-). Sally

Antoine & Lori said...

My therapist is Dr. T.J. Maxx, although if he's full I will take an appointment with Dr. Marshalls. Love the outfits! Lori

Dana and Scott said...

I was wondering who your therapist was, because I have a good one here in MD! Ha! Susan, hang in there. You are in my thoughts and I am just sending positive energy to this person so you can get on your way ~

Unknown said...

OMG we have those turtle outfits! SO CUTE!!! :D