Having a months notice of our court date has proved to be a blessing for me to get the nursery ready. Randy assembled the crib and finished the dresser, I've painted the walls and nailed up the chair railing and now it is time to add some chochtkie...a little bling for the baby!


Hopefully by this time next week I can post some finished pictures of the nursery and call it done!
I showed Randy tons and tons of bedding pictures and all of them got a "hmm, that's nice" and then he resumed what he was doing. We were registering at Babies R Us back in February and we walked by the bedding and he walks straight up to this bedding and says, "I really like this one!" That bedding got the most response and excitement I've seen from him so I figured I better seize the moment and register for it.
Here is a picture of one of the walls in the nursery so you can see the paint colors. They aren't really that dark. I need another picture in the daylight.
On Randy's 3rd tour in Korea he had a picture of a Corsair airplane painted and framed. The Corsair is Randy's favorite airplane. We are going to use this picture above the crib.
I'm having some vinyl wall letters made to go above the crib and Corsair picture. It will say, "I love you as HIGH as the airplanes fly." This is the preview the company sent me of what my saying will look like. They rub on the walls and won't damage the paint if we want to change the look later on.
We also have a bookcase to move in that I still need to paint but that will have to wait until this weekend. That will hold all of Artem's books and toys. I'm still on the lookout for some cute baskets to use in his bookcase. Randy has a wooden prop (propeller) that was used on a UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) in Iraq when he was over there, that we want to use in the nursery too; maybe over the closet doors.

14 comments:
Love the bedding and the colors of the room!
The nursery looks so good, and it is awesome that you can do the flying theme, which is perfect for you all! :)
First of all - GREAT JOB on keeping up with your blog! It is great to get so many updates and almost feel a part of the process! :)
Your nursery looks awsome - I like that bedding too - the color combination is nice, fits the room perfectly and is just perfect for your son! :)
I love the theme for the room. It looks like its going to be really unique!
Really digging the whole aviation theme! Very cool!
We did the aviation theme for Luca and had that exact saying above his crib with a picture of the Challenger 604. Jaxon is moving into that room in 2 weeks and we are planning to change the picture to Daddy's newest airplane - the Global 5000. Love the colors of the bedding. Can't wait to see the completed room. It is going to be beautiful, even more so when Artem is in there!
I just got chills at the wall quote. I am so happy for you and your DH and Artem. Happy Tears, Kelley.
CUTE CUTE CUTE! I love the vinyl saying for the wall and think the propeller will look great above the closet doors! What a fun room! Artem is going to love it :)
Love, love, love the bedding. Very sweet and oh, so perfect. It sounds like Randy was prepared as he has the picture and prop all ready.
I'm so excited that your court date is quickly approaching. I'm looking forward to reading more and following your journey back to Russia!
Very cute - I love that theme for you guys. I just ordered some lettering for Brady's room - isn't it great? The room is adorable!
I love the aviation theme you are doing! I noticed the ceiling fan in the room; have you thought about changing it out to an airplane themed one too? Just a thought. Looks great!!!
I love what you have chosen for the nursery. I just know he will love it!
Love the colours you have for his room and they are a spot-on match for the bedding. It looks great!
Make sure you photograph Artem sleeping in there on his first night home - after spending so long imagining it, it hardly seemed real!
Post a Comment