Monday, March 17, 2008

171H...Nothing Yet

I spoke to Carolyn at Senator Hutchinson's office a few minutes ago and she has not heard anything yet. The good news is she was able to get the higher ups to re-look at our case since Congressman Carter's office got a "no" from them last week. She told them that Torres is claiming our home study was incomplete and yes, we did need the information in a slightly different format, but at this point that was just splitting hairs and she waited 9 weeks to inform us that she wanted it done differently. Additionally, Officer Torres is a fairly new hire and the boss of the department is starting to take notice of all the complaints that are being filed against the SA USCIS office.

Carolyn said she would follow up with them on Wednesday morning as she wanted to give them time to act on this. She said she didn't want to push her weight around too much and ruin her chances of getting things taken care of in the future when she might need them again. She let me know she would update me tomorrow afternoon about the case.

We still haven't heard from Russia yet about cancelling our court date. I'm still praying that our judge is on vacation and hasn't noticed that our 171H is not with our paperwork.

9 comments:

Ani said...

Oh no - my thoughts are with you guys.

Troy and Rachel said...

Still praying for your I-171 to come in. Keep working hard on it and I'll be watching for the post where you get the form.

Dede said...

Hopefully you will have it soon and this whole mess will be a distant memory!

Lindsay said...

Still praying for you all. Hopefully Wednesday will finally bring good news for you. Take care.

Jane and Jim said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hang in there - it will all work out.

Michelle said...

Oh guys, what a mess!! I've been behind on blogging but you're in my prayers!! By the way, I too indulge in a little "therapy" every now and then!! It's good for the soul! Hang in there!!

Jodi said...

I'm still praying like crazy that you'll get that blasted I171H in time and that you'll still be able to have court as scheduled! I'm so glad you've got some action from the Congressman's office.

Ryan and Amy said...

The power of prayer...mabey we need to start requesting more prayers for that piece of paper. I'll put a prayer request on our blog and pray it comes soon! Take care!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Oh we do need to pray harder. I'm glad the office is working on it for you, but I know you are ready for a "we have it taken care of and you'll get it tomorrow" answer! I pray it comes this week and that the judge IS unaware of it missing.:)