We made it to Moscow and are settled into our apartment. We are staying in the Double Decker apartment and let me just say this is one of their more "eclectic" places. The flooring is wood, ceramic, and marble with a cheetah/zeebra throw on the couch and a refrigerator that someone has covered in literally hundreds of ladybug stickers. In the corner of the apartment it is decorated with trumpets and some sort of guitar and the kitchen support pole is wrapped in disco ball glitter squares. I'm going to have to get pictures so you can get the full effect.
Moscow is much warmer this time with highs in the upper 30's and there is no snow anymore. Lots of people are out in the parks and walking their dogs. It's a totally different city then back in February.
Tomorrow we are going to see Artem. We leave here at 9:30 and will get there around 11:00. Since it is a Sunday, it will be a "short" drive without traffic. We thought the court appointed case worker would be there to observe how we interact with Artem but apparently the baby home director wrote some very favorable letters on our behalf and the social work will not need to be there. That means we can just relax and have fun with Artem.
We found out we are the second case for court on Monday. We go before the judge at 11:30. Sally and Carlos' translator Natasha will meet with the four of us tomorrow night and prep us for court. We are hoping to not have to go to the notary after court on Monday so we'll have time for another trip to see Artem. Otherwise, we have to go to the notary and that will take awhile and we won't have time to see little man. The notary in Russia is very different than in the states. A notary must attend law school and is a prestigious job to have.
I better get going. We are meeting Michael and Carrie for dinner at Mama's Pasta...the BEST Italian food I have ever eaten!! We had it on trip 1 and put it on our "must do" list for this trip. I should be able to blog again tomorrow after we see Artem. We are excited to see how much he has grown and we wonder if he's walking yet!!
(sorry spell check doesn't work over here)
Until tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you made it there and can't wait to hear how your visit with your son goes tomorrow! Best wishes!
Woohoo! Can't wait to hear about your visit! Glad you both got there safely :)
Been thinking of you guys all day! Have a wonderful reunion tomorrow with your son.
Hey! Great to hear that you made it back over safe & sound! Definitely gonna need to see photos of this apartment. Sounds groovy, baby! (Said with my cheeziest Austin Powers voice.)
Why didn't we hear about this Mama's Pasta when we were there? Ack!
I am so happy that you will be able to pick up your little man and enjoy him again. I will be thinking about you on your court day.
Joy
So happy to hear you arrived safely in Moscow.
Thinking lot's of positive thoughts for you guys!!
Mia from SN :) :)
Preveet!
Welcome back to Moscow and best wishes for a grand reunion with your son! I think I know the restaurant you are talking about as its one of our favorites also.
Have a great trip and let us know if you need anything!
Paka!
Dinia
We're here too now! We're tired though. Comes with the territory! Good luck with the court prep tonight and especially with court tomorrow. We'll be praying for everything to go well. Can't wait to hear you're officially Artem's parents!
Wonderful news Susan!! I hope the pasta was yummo, and you enjoyed seeing Mr. Artem today. We are all eager to hear more! Take care and hugs to you all!
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and our family is praying for you for a speedy and successful court appearance! Looking forward to updates on Artem!
I'm so glad that your trip is going well and you see Artem today. Yeah! I hope your visit goes well and I also hope your court hearing goes as easy as ours did. I am also looking forward to seeing pictures soon.
Carrie and Michael are such sweet people. We have gotten to meet them for lunch a few times in Nashville. Give them our best!!
Post a Comment