Our FBI fingerprint clearance came in the mail today. At first I got a huge scare as I opened the envelope. They return your fingerprint cards and staple a note to them. I thought, "Omigosh, they couldn't read the prints and they are returning them to be redone." But as I read the note closer it said to look at the back for the stamp and there it was, "No Arrest Record". Whew...not that I was worried!
I also got Artem's plane tickets for trip three. Did you catch the S on the end of ticket? I'm thumbing through the tickets and I'm wondering, "why does Artem need tickets from Killeen to Atlanta, Atlanta to Moscow??" "And why is his ticket $351 when it was supposed to be just over $110.?" I called Delta and they said they issued him lap seat tickets for my entire flight. All I need to do is FedEx all the tickets back to them with a note explaining what happened. Sure no problem, the people at my local pack and ship store see me almost everyday and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to add them to my Christmas card list by now, so what's one more trip to their store?
I'm telling you right now, Randy is going to be hard pressed to convince me to do this again for child #2. Not that Artem is not worth all the paperwork and running here and there, but I cannot imagine doing this again with a little one to tote around. Do you really think Angelina goes through all of this? I'm betting she has people!
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh...you know Angelina has people doing all this for her (and a few extra dollars too). Congrats on the FBI clearance...won't be long now!
I'm LOLing at your comment about #2...believe me you'll get amnesia at some point in a year or two and be ready to do it all again just to have one more person who loves you like crazy. :)
Soooo glad you got the FBI clearance back today. That's a big relief, huh?!!
Delta wouldn't LET us buy tickets for Cade until we were in Russia and bringing him home. It's always so weird to me that everybody gets told something different during this process. Can't wait until the three of you touch down in Killeen!!! :)
I'm on a first-name-basis with our Fed-Ex guy. Joe. And when he seems me coming, I'm sure he sighs inwardly, but he's been nothing but patient with me!
I know exactly what you mean! We had talked about child #2, but I can't even imagine doing all this prep with a little one. Definitely will need for the paperwork pain to fade first!
And I'm sure Angelina has a nanny for each child! LOL
Hope we get a chance to meet in Moscow!
That's great news that your got your clearances back!! You'll be back in Russia in no time! I laighed about adding the mailing store to your Christmas card list. I keep thinking about all the people I need to thank when this is over!! The list keeps getting longer!
Angelina, smangelina...this is a labor of love we will all be prod of when we get our babies home...it is our pregnancy!
Labor pain, girl, labor pains! :-) I was just thinking about all of the things I'll need to do to get ready for the 1st trip and all I could do was sigh. I hope I have it in me because this is EXHAUSTING! Congrats on getting your FBI clearances back - that was definitely one of the easier parts of this process, wasn't it?
Oh, Angelina has people, all right! Plus, you can only imagine that her endless amounts of cash can readily smooth out nearly any bureaucratic tangle.
We ended up purchasing a set of round trip tickets for Liam because it was much less expensive. The tricky part was that his tickets were from Moscow to Atlanta and then vice-versa one week later. If we'd booked him on the same flights we were on, his absence on the Atlanta to Moscow flight (back at the beginning of the trip) would've washed out his return tix. Wackadoo, huh? So, instead, he just didn't make the return flight to Moscow on the following weekend. This is where our crafty, sneaky, conniving travel agent really earned her keep!
Your comment about Angelina cracked me up. It is so true though.
Congrats on the clearance!!
Post a Comment