**The Senator's office called and asked that we stop calling, they got the point and will have someone call San Antonio on this tomorrow. I don't think it will be Senator Hutchinson herself, but at least someone will call. **
Please call Senator Hutchinson's DC office at 202-224-5922. Torres is still claiming our home study was incomplete and it is our fault even though the information she wanted was not new, just in a different format.
Here is a quick update:
The petition was faxed to the Senator's Austin office and for Susan:Susan that they received your privacy statement and I confirmed thepetition with over 100 names has been received.Here's one more step! This is an outline of a call that anyone whosupports the Steens may call Senator Hutchison's office at the numberabove. This is the DC office and she is in DC. We can raise theawareness of this issue and put it on the top of the Senator's list fortoday!Sample Call:State your name and spell it. State your location. Say you are insupport of the STEEN PETITION that was faxed to the AUSTIN office today.State that you encourage the Senator to expedite the Steen's I171H formby PERSONALLY calling the USCIS office TODAY in San Antionio. Withouther call the Steen's will lose their court date and a Russian child willhave to wait another 6-8 months in an institution.Obviously, Please feel free to tailor the call to your liking. This isjust the basic information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Keep fighting Susan. Do not give up hope. Miracles can move mountains - and so can mothers!
I believe your Senator can also be contacted here http://hutchison.senate.gov/contact.html for those of us outside the States who want to help (boy I hope that's the right senator I just emailed!)
Just FYI this is the message I sent - hope every voice helps.
Dear Senator
A petition was faxed to your Austin office regarding the urgent need for assistance for Randy and Susan Steen to ensure their international adoption of their son from Russia is not derailed. They URGENTLY need your help - even their Congressman has failed to move the USCIS office in Austin. Despite the fact they HAD the Steen's child abuse clearance the office decided arbitrarily it was in the wrong format (stapled to front of home study rather than written into it - how petty!) The claims that the Steen's home study was incomplete is not true. Furthermore for 9 long weeks USCIS made no attempt to contact the Steens's to obtain the information they wanted.
Just think Senator - if you spend just 15 mintues on this issue today you will bring a child home to a loving family. Please - act now for this family. Don't let their adoption be derailed!
Please Senator act now and help bring Artem home. You have the power to do this.
Yours respectfully
etc
Hope this helps.
Don't lose hope. Praying for you.
Susan,
Call made and petition signed. I hope and pray this works for you. I would be a mess as I'm sure you are. Please know that I'm praying for you that this is resolved by the time you even read this response. Kay Bailey Hutchinson is also an adoptive mother of two children, hopefully this will pull at her heartstrings.
Hi Susan:
I am a regular reader of your blog. However, this is my first time posting in your comments section. I also signed the petition and am keeping you in my prayers.
-Haley
Susan,
Norm, my mother-in-law, and I signed the petition and all made calls. (Had to keep hitting redial for about 30 min. because it kept ringing busy. Hopefully all the calls they received this afternoon were for you! I hope this helps speed up the process.
We continue to pray for you, Randy & Artem. Please stay strong and let me know if there is anything at all we can do.
Hugs,
Karyn
Evidently several people are calling. They knew what I was calling in reference to, and I certainly hope that the Senator will do something about your situation.
Hang in there; I agree with Lindsay - miracles can happen. ((hugs))
Called and signed. Prayers being sent. As the song on your Blog says.....Godspeed!
Rene (an SN sister)
I saw your blog's link on another adoptive family's blog. I signed the petition. I also let them know that I had problems on my extension request at the Atlanta USCIS(documentation). But, I was NOT put at the end of the line like you were when I submitted the documentation. I also told them that this is about a child who needs a family to love him.
I will pray for you and your family.
Myra
Done! I am so so sorry to hear you are going through this uncertainty, Susan. I pray the senator's office will make things happen so you can return to Artem immediately.
Hoping and praying for good news tomorrow,
Adrienne
Petition signed... hoping for the best here!
They asked that people stop calling? Wow, that's awesome!! I hope this can be taken care of tomorrow - it's a measly piece of paper, I can't imagine the hold up!!
I have not checked yor blog for a day or so and you got that all done. These people obviously do not read your blog. Don't they know nothing will keep you from him?
Joy
I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I had a very hard time getting my 171-H also. It took 6 months! I too signed the petition and will try to call the senator's office tomorrow as it's after hours now. Your family is in my thoughts...this will happen...I truly believe it will happen. Stay strong!! And know so many are cheering for you!
Post a Comment