Monday, March 24, 2008

Holy Smokes Batman...3 Days Left

Single Digit Midget alert!! We are seriously short-timers right now with only 3 days left until we leave for Russia. We have a lot to do in just three days. My principal keeps asking me, "have you packed yet?" and I tell her, "no it's too early." But I'm at the point now that I need to start packing. Melissa sent me her packing list last night so I've got no excuse now, I've got to get it done.

I went to Austin this morning and had our 171H apostilled and I Fed Ex'd it to Moscow for the staggering sum of $110. Three pieces of paper just cost us $110 to mail. Do you ever get to the point where you're making so many withdraws from the savings account that you don't even want to look anymore? I'm at that point! Fed Ex says it should be in Moscow by Thursday which will give our agency one day to get it notarized and registered.

The next few days are going to be very busy which will make things fly by even faster. I've got to get my classroom ready for the sub (which ask any teacher; that is no small feat) and my school baby shower is Thursday afternoon. The flight leaves Friday morning at 6:00 AM! Who makes these flight schedules?? Really now. My girlfriend Allison came over this weekend and helped me get all the gifts in order so I can take them all over on trip 2 to free up room on trip 3 for Artem's things. I'm feeling good about this week and still hoping and praying the judge doesn't notice that our 171H is not there yet.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Sally and Carlos (our trip 1 travel buddies), meeting Ana and Russ, Kathleen, and Lisa. We are also trying to coordinate with Michael and Carrie to see them this weekend in Moscow while they wait our their 10 days. Although I wouldn't be offended if they cancel on us because the judge gives them a great surprise of waiving their 10 days! That would be nice! It looks like trip 2 will be filled with a bunch of great people like trip 1 was which makes traveling to a foreign country a lot easier. But the best news of all is in 5 days we'll be kissing and loving all over that little guy of ours!!

11 comments:

Dede said...

3 days...how exciting! Tell everyone hello from us. Looking forward to an Artem report.

ana said...

Baby hugs and kisses very soon! I can't wait!

Looking forward to meeting you in Moscow! It does make the time spent in a foreign country MUCH easier.

Time for all of us to finish packing!

Becky and Keith said...

WOW! Time really does fly when you're having fun, huh?? How exciting! I know you'll get everything done - deep breaths! :-)

yorkiemom said...

I can hardly believe your time is already here! Congratulations and have a safe trip. It definitely is more fun when there are people you know in Russia.

Lindsay said...

Oh boy - only 3 days left. That is fantastic. Have a wonderful trip.

Anonymous said...

3 Days ! Congrats!! I am very excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Greetings, fellow Bat Cave dweller! What packing list?! Do send...have not packed a thing, but at least I've put the album together. SEE YOU SOON! Sally

Anonymous said...

Praying for a wonderful trip to see that sweet boy!
Tammy in Germany/fortmeademom

Heather & Jason said...

Good Luck and God bless your trip! May you have a safe journey and be UNHINDERED in your court process! Check out Acts Chapter 5, especially 5:38-39. If God will lead you to it, He'll get you through it. We're praying for you and Artem!

Troy and Rachel said...

Susan - we're on the same flight out of Atlanta on the 9th! We won't arrive a tthe airport until about 1 hour before that flight leaves - we'll be running but we should make it - can't wait to meet you. Have fun on this trip and good luck in court!!

LC said...

Just think...

in less then a week it will all be over. what a wild ride you have had.

Best of luck!