Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The List Is Getting Shorter...Updated

I'm making progress for trip 2. All I have left on the "to do" list is wax my eyebrows and pay bills. Ha Ha!! My suitcases are STUFFED! I don't know how you fit everything when trip 2 and 3 are combined into one trip. You wouldn't think that 30 boxes of Desitin, all the clothes and shoes for the baby home, gifts for 12 caregivers, gifts for driver/translator, gifts for agency directors in Moscow, and toys for Artem for our visit would take up that much room, but my luggage is full. This will probably surprise my father but I have such a small amount of room left for my things that I'm only bringing one pair of shoes to Moscow. Don't have a heart attack on me dad!

I am meeting Randy in Russia for trip 2 and 3 for reasons that I will divulge after court, all good don't worry, so I'm limited to two bags, otherwise we would have four bags to get everything over in. I also have Randy's clothes packed for this trip along with our suits that I'm trying to keep looking nice. But everything fits, the luggage zips, and they each weigh in at 47.5 lbs and then I come home today and find a box from Robeez at the door! Robeez said they wouldn't be able to get the shoes to us by trip 2 so I wasn't worried about taking them on this trip. Now I'll be looking to cram 20 pairs of shoes into the luggage. But I'm happy to have that problem. Robeez took care of the kids in Fryazino baby home by sending the cutest shoes. I've put a picture below of what they look like. I can't wait to give them to the baby home and I cannot say thank you enough to Robeez!


Our 171H is still on its way to Russia. It cleared customs in Great Britain and should be in Moscow by close of business tomorrow.


I'm down to 36 hours until lift off. I've got one teaching day left and finish the day with a baby shower! I probably won't blog again until we arrive in Moscow on Saturday so I'll update you all then.


Das vidanyeh!!

(Goodbye in Russian)
Update: I tracked our 171H this morning (Thursday) and it said it was not delivered due to the business being closed. I called Fed Ex and they said they would try again tomorrow. Grrr... I asked if they called S that is listed as the contact on the Fed Ex label and she said they don't call anyone. (why have us put a contact?) I decided to contact S in Russia myself and found out our 171H did arrive and everything is okay with our paperwork. S went on to tell me that Pasha would be at the airport to pick us up on Saturday when we arrive! I yelled, "YESSSS!!! Thank you S you made my day, our 171H is there AND we get Pasha again!!!" Pasha was our driver/translator that we had on trip 1 and Rob and Dede had on trip 1. We are so excited to have him again!


19 comments:

Russian Adoption Chronicles said...

Good luck and God speed! Can't wait for you to become a "party of three".

yorkiemom said...

Have a safe trip and great job packing and can't wait to hear about your trip.

We only took a single trip for court and to pick up the munchkin boy and 1/2 a suitcase was gifts and donations with another 1/2 suitcase just for his stuff. We kept trying to give them to the appropriate recipients so we'd have room for our souvenirs.

ana said...

Sounds like you're ready to go! I got my hair color touched up today, so no grey roots for the judge. That was my pre-court beautification!

Our luggage is crammed full too, but I got everything in. The orphanage donations and gifts do take up a lot of room. Love the little Robeez shoes! Very cute!

Have a very safe flight, and we'll talk to you in Moscow! We'll be there Sunday!

Carey and Norman said...

So glad you are leaving to go to court and bring Artem home. I love the shoes Robeez sent. They are wonderful shoes and we had several pairs ourselves. Enjoy your time in Russia!

Good luck in court and I can't wait to see pictures!!

Jodi said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm still praying that it all works out with the I171H! The Robeez are adorable and will be so appreciated! Have a safe trip! I can't wait to read the post that says he's YOURS!!

Beth said...

Have a wonderful trip Susan! Can't wait to stalk your blog and read that you are officially Artem's Mommy!

Melissa said...

Hope you & Randy both have great & safe trips!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh, Susan, this is so exciting!!!! I hope you have a great day and enjoy that baby shower!

Anonymous said...

Nathan and I are estatic!! He's right behind me, in the office, asking a ton of questions.... I told him " im not sure " to most of them since I have tried not to hit you up with questions since your head is spinning, i'm sure ;)
I will ask away , later..... Girl, we are so happy for you and Randy!!

Anonymous said...

Ummm, yeah, that was Nathan and Brenda Graveman with the previous post. LOL, see what staying up most of the night with a sick kiddo does to your brain??

Joy said...

I have to say I am a little anxious over the packing part too. I almost wish I could spend some of my stuff in a box ahead. I am glad that it all fit.
Joy

Dede said...

Sounds like everything is going well and I'm happy to hear that you have Pasche again. Tell him we said hello! Can't wait to read your posts from Moscow.

Anonymous said...

C U tomorrow! Sally

Ryan and Amy said...

So excited for you guys- can't wait to hear more and see some pics!

Kris said...

Godspeed to you on your journey back to your little boy.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I'm glad you got everything in your luggage and remained under the weight! That is tough when you have so many things to bring! I'm glad you got the Robeez shoes, too! They are so cute!

See you this weekend! Safe travels!

Carrie said...

Good luck on your trip. Have fun and be safe!!!

Lindsay said...

Thank God it all worked out in the end. I hope you have an absolutely wonderful, wonderful trip. I am beyond happy for all 3 of you! :)

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

We are so happy and excited for you and can't wait to read your first post back with Artem!!! :O)