…can I direct your attention to the center of the ring…in this corner weighing in at a sassy 115 pounds and wearing the pink and green shorts…Artem’s mama…Susan! (crowd goes wild and cheers) And in this corner, covered in bureaucratic red tape and wearing the dark black shorts...the San Antonio office of the USCIS! (crowd boo's and hisses).
I didn't want to do it, but I have no other choice; I've emailed Congressman Carter and asked him to start a congressional inquiry into the delay of our 171H. We have now been waiting over 13 weeks for our 171H and I cannot get anyone to respond to my emails and let me know what the status is of our paperwork. We have court in 20 days and I am literally FREAKING OUT over not having this piece of paper. I sent all the additional paperwork they needed and still nothing. I've tried to be nice and pleasant in my emails and let them know how critical our timeline is. I've tried to make an appointment on infopass. I've tried calling the USCIS number to get some help, but nothing is working. So unfortunately I have to put the gloves on and call in the big guns.
I've been praying hard every night for God to help us get this paperwork so we don't have to delay our court date. I even say a quick prayer before I put the key into the mailbox everyday, but still no manila envelope from Homeland Security. I'm so frustrated and worried that I can't take it anymore. Please pray for us to get our 171H fast!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Good idea! You have to take matters into your own hands! We had to get our Senator's office involved too, and it only took about 4 days once that happened! We'll pray for that paper to be in your hands very soon!
What is wrong with those people?
Praying you get it VERY soon.
I am so glad it is not me standing between you and your little guy. You are showing your Mommy superwoman suit. I will keep you in my prayers.
Joy
Oh Susan - this stinks! I was just thinking about you last night & wondering what the status of your 171 was. Guess I know now. We will DEFINITELY pray for you to receive it soon.
Kick butt girlfriend!! This is such nonsense!
How frustrating! I hope you get it soon...go get em!!!
Ugh, just read this after sending you an email regarding same. Not that it matters, but ours came in a regular white envelope, so maybe it'll just be nestled there amongst tomorrow's mail. Hoping and praying so...
You Go Girl :)
Love the Rocky theme song and love that you are taking this on. I think any one of us would be freaking out. I hope your agency is helping you also and we will be praying for the delivery of that 171H very soon! Let me know if there's any way I can help.
Does anyone at your adoption or homestudy agency know anyone at the USCIS? Our homestudy agency knew someone at the USCIS and was able to help us cut through some fingerprinting red tape.
Good luck! We will pray for you!
Praying you get your paper soon. I'm not surprised you are freaking out - who wouldn't be over the possibility of a delay. Hope it is sorted for you quickly!
Post a Comment