Well I must have used up all my easiness points for the day because it all changed for my physical. First off, no notary at the small clinic I had to go to. So I went door to door in the office complex while I waited to be called back for my appointment and asked for a notary at every office. One lady across the hall was a notary but she didn't have her stuff with her. Another guy was a notary but he wasn't willing to leave his office and notarize the doctor's signature. My doctor had a roomful of patients so I knew he wouldn't be leaving to get something notarized for me. I ran all over the place looking for a notary. When I got back to the office several of the nurses said they didn't think my doctor would even be willing to complete the medical form for me and would probably send me to my PCP. Great. In the end my doctor was awesome and filled out the paperwork for me and we figured out that I would beg a lady that I work with that is a notary to go with me after school tomorrow and notarize the form for me. She's a great lady and I'm thinking I can bribe her with chocolate. Monday is Randy's physical and he's at the main clinic and I know there is a notary there so he should be okay. Knock on wood.
I also called the Secretary of State's office today to re-re-reconfirm that they will still apostille hand carried items and that they would be done that day and they put me at ease that they would indeed do that. Our home study is done and is available for pickup by Friday. After Randy's appt on Monday, we'll drive the hour drive to Austin on Tuesday and get our dossier apostilled and then overnight it to our agency the next day. Woohoo!!
The sooner we get our dossier to our agency, the sooner we travel. Right now they are hoping to have us in Russia by end of January instead of February. That would be great!
9 comments:
Congrats! Sounds like your dossier is almost complete. Better start on the packing list! :-)
Sounds like it was a great day in the end! Congrats on getting so much done! Your dossier will be done before you know it.
Awesome!! I'm so glad you're checking things off the list - and I'm so glad that this part is done (it was one thing that really gave you worry in the beginning, didn't it?)
What an ordeal! I'm so glad it worked out in the end. You're getting closer!!! I can't believe you may travel in January!!
This is great news. It sounds as though we may be traveling to Russia at the same time. We too are hoping to go back for trip 2 the end of January/first of February. Maybe our paths will cross.
It is exciting that your adoption is moving so quickly and you are within months of having a referral and traveling to meet your little guy!
AWESOME!!!!!
I know the Austin Sec. of State's office very well! I always park in the same metered spot now too... They're very quick and nice there.
Congrats - you're getting there. We're just about in the same time frame - May this be our LAST Christmas childless! Woohoo!
Lots of great news...Sounds like things are moving right along for you!
Sounds like things are coming right along! I'm so happy I could help with the doctors' license issue. Wasn't that lady the greatest?!! I never did the Apostilles in person, but I know a few people who have, and it really wasn't a problem. I'm really excited that you're getting closer and closer! :)
Sounds like you are making great progress on your paperwork. It really is amazing how those you don't expect to help do, especially once they find out you are adopting.
We'll send you a detailed list of court questions, both what they prepped us for and what they actually asked once we're back home.
Post a Comment