Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Wait Begins

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." -Dolly Parton

This week begins our wait for our coveted 171H. Our I600A has been mailed and I'm sure we'll check the mail right away every day waiting for news on our fingerprinting appointment. We have a separate FBI fingerprinting appointment this Thursday for our home study FBI check. One would think the Immigration services folks could use the same fingerprints. But as I've been told before, "Suspend logic, both here and in Russia".

While we make progress towards our rainbow in Russia, we'll deal with the rain back here in the states.

8 comments:

Joy said...

Susan,
I am waiting too for the I-171. I am tring to pace myself but I not sure it is working.
Joy

Melissa said...

Have patience (ha, easy to say, I know). Everything will happen in the perfect time. The good news - or so you've heard - is that your 171 wait may not be so long, once everything is in to be processd!!

And whoever told you to suspend logic was right on the money. But in the end, you will have your precious child (who is all but climbing the walls and telling you "no" to everything! haha!) and will care less about the lack of logic involve in it all!

Every ounce of waiting is so worth it in the end!! ((hugs))

Jane and Jim said...

Very well put, Dolly!

Hang in there, the approval will come soon.

Tiger & Kar said...

Susan - when you have a chance, will you please email me? I have a question for you re the I-171 and I600A.

Thanks!
Kar
ip0995@msn.com

Anonymous said...

Just as a point of reference for the SA office...USCIS received our I-600A petition on December 30, 2004, and we received our fingerprinting notice on January 12, 2005.

Jodi :)

Susan said...

Jodi, I always love reading how quickly the SA office processed your forms. Gives me hope for ours!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I hope you do not have to wait very long! That was the last thing we needed for our dossier about this time last year-ours arrived on our anniversary and made a nice present for us! I hope your I-171H comes quickly!

junglemama said...

Great quote. :)