Randy was born and raised in Florida. I was born and raised in Phoenix, AZ. We love the warm climates and we like to be in the sun, on the lake, doing water sports. Both of us HATE cold weather and will never live anywhere that requires us owning a snow shovel. So isn't it a bit ironic that two people who cannot stand cold weather will be sent to Russia in the dead of winter to meet their child? God does have a sense of humor doesn't He? We heard from our agency today and it looks like we will travel the end of January to mid-February for our first trip. I don't care if I have to pack suitcase after suitcase of long johns, we'll travel ANY time of the year to meet our child!!
Anyone have a website for electric socks??
9 comments:
Susan - we may be traveling mid-February as well! Late January is too early for us though considering where we are in the paper chase. It would be great if we actually ended up in Russia at the same time. My husband, who is a New England boy, can give you plenty of snow shoveling tips!
Congrats on the tentative timeframe! I hope it works out to be that quick for you & Randy!
Kar
As a fellow Phoenix girl, I soooo feel your pain. I really don't think anyone really understands my complete fear at this point.
Hopefully we'll have some good tips for you once we're back from our 24 day trek to Siberia.
BTW - Go Sun Devils!!
That's great that you have a possible time frame for traveling! It will be cold but very much worth it! I'm glad that you all are making progress so quickly!
Congrats on your dates! I am with you on hating the cold weather but I think they are doing this to all the Texans as the "labor" part of the paper pregnancy. ;-)
How exciting is that!!?? I'm so happy for you - I can't wait to be able to make the same statement!
Congratulations!!
Susan, this is Jill, Katy's sister. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I just read every word of your blog (pitiful, I know), but I wanted to get to know you! We are a lot alike, not to mention a shared heart for the Lord and adoption. I'll be praying for ya'll as you finish up, wait and travel. If you stopover at Frankfurt International, let me know and I'll come meet you for a cup of coffee. I'm going to add you to my favorites now....
love, jill :)
Yes, we expect to be traveling around the same time frame, so we too are anticipating cold temperatures compared to home.
That is great you have an idea of when you will travel. It makes the wait easier, doesn't it?
Susan,
I am so happy for you.
Dress in layers it will help with the cold weather. I know once you get your arms around your little one that is all the warmth you will need.
Joy
Great news on the time frame! Wow! Can you say brrrr. You will not mind one bit! Trust me!
Post a Comment