Thursday, December 6, 2007

I've Got Frustration in Me

"I've got frustration in me"...one of my favorite lines from the Junie B. Jones books that I read to my students. Unfortunately, it describes me to a T right now. I should be typing a blog that is titled, "Paper Pregnant" but not so. Our home study was promised to be in our hands by Dec 1st and as of close of business today Dec 6th, we do not have our finished home study. We had planned to go to Austin this past Tuesday and have everything apostilled and Fed Ex'd to our agency by now. I picked up our rough draft last Friday and fixed all the errors in it over the weekend. It was under the home study agency front mat by 7:00 am Monday morning and it currently sits in their office without any work having been done to it. Grrr...

I don't know what to do. All our dossier paperwork is finished except the few items that require details about our home study. If I had it today we could be in Austin tomorrow getting everything apostilled. I guess we are just stuck waiting but I hate that I can do nothing. Maybe by next week we'll have it and I won't have frustration in me anymore.

14 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

I know how frustrating it is to wait on documentation being prepared by others. Especially when you are so close to having your Dossier almost complete. Unfortunately, adoption is a waiting game, and I'm not very good at playing.

The positive news is that you are one day closer to your little guy and it will happen. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers as you wait!

ana said...

We are with your agency as well. I just found your blog while reading Tiger & Kar's blog. I understand your frustration with the home study! We are turning our corrected rough draft in tomorrow, and except for the home study, our dossier is complete as well. Hope you get your final copy very soon. And please check out our blog anytime. Maybe we'll be traveling around the same time.

Jodi said...

It's so frustrating when your hands are tied, isn't it?!! Try to think of this delay this way...this few days of delay are necessary to match you up with the exact child you're supposed to have.

We had similar bumps in the road during our adoption of our DD, and as it turns out, had we not had those delays DD wouldn't have been off the registry and we wouldn't have been matched with her. Thinking that way really helped me to try and take it all in stride during our second adoption...I know sooo much easier said then done! Here's hoping that you'll get great news tomorrow!

Becky and Keith said...

Isn't frustration just the worst feeling? Especially when it's the cause of something you can't control? I hope they get things done soon for you!!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

How incredibly frustrating!! I am so sorry you don't have that home study in your hands yet. It's so exciting your dossier is almost finished! It won't be long before it's on its way to Russia. The waiting is so hard. Hang in there. :)

Michelle said...

I agree totally with what Jodi said! You will find YOUR child, the one you are supposed to be with, even if you don't understand why the road you're traveling has so many detours. Just know that the road is leading to your child, and you will make it! Hang in there!

Tiger & Kar said...

Susan - I'm right there with you. LITERALLY!! Our HS is also delayed and I am extremely frustrated! It sounds like Ana & Russ are going through nearly the same thing as both of us. I think the 3 of us (and Nick & Beth if they're still having HS issues) should have a virtual HS Frustration Party!!

Perhaps, since all 4 of us are stalled at the moment, it's because we're all really going to travel together!

Seriously though, I know it is so difficult to remember that there are certain things we are not in control of. Jodi brings up a very good point when she said her DD wouldn't have been off the registry yet had they not encountered a few bumps in their journey.

It stinks to go through right now but very soon the frustrations we're facing will all be worth it when we hold our new little ones for the very first time!

I'm wondering if I need to call my SW and insist she ask the 2 agencies we're waiting to hear back from for their reports. It's hard to decide when to trust God's timing and when to be an advocate for your future child. Does that make sense???

Feel free to email me if you need to vent!
Kar

Troy and Rachel said...

Hang in there - I hate waiting for things that are out of my hands. Just remember that everything will happen in God's time.

Jane and Jim said...

I totally know the feeling of not having control. It's really frustrating.
It will happen soon enough - a couple of days won't matter in the long run (that's what I told myself, anyway!).
Hang in there - we'll get our babies!

Joy said...

Susan,
I know how you feel. In New Jersey I had to wait for a letter from the state verifying the agencies license. It felt like forever.
Joy

flute4peace said...

Hi, Susan! I read your blog from time to time but haven't posted before. I'm enjoying following your story and your family has been in my prayers! My daughter was a big fan of Junie B "back in the day". Hopefully by now your frustration is gone and you're back on the path toward getting your child home. (Nikki - HFD23 from SN)

Dede said...

How frustrating! Have you talked to them to see why it is delayed? Maybe it will show up tomorrow.

Deb said...

Ugh! Hope you have it now all together now.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog - we are just getting started w/IA we have a bio son that is 3 and would like to add to our family - we are in San Antonio - where are you - Not real familiar w/the areas in TX even thou I have been here 5 yrs now. Good Luck on your journey and I look forward to following your story as gives me such encouragement. Thanks