I ordered something for the baby! Whew, that felt good! Now that I took the first step, I'm on a roll, better put the credit card back in the safe.
I found a soft, fabric photo album from Constructive Playthings to take with us on Trip #1 and leave with the baby. It is brightly colored and has plastic covers on top of the pictures and at the end there is a little mirror on the last page for them to see themselves in the photo album. That was the selling point for me! If anyone is interested in it here is the link: http://www.constplay.com Unfortunately it won't let me link directly to the photo album but you can put it in the search window and it is the only one that comes up. If anyone knows how to make the link not look like a link and look like "Constructive Playthings", let me know how to do it. Jane, I think I've seen you do it on your blog before for the AAI link. How did you do that? Oh, I also got one more bonus, when I was checking out I took their customer satisfaction survey and my thank you gift was a year subscription for up to four magazines. Family Fun was one of them so I now have a free one-year subscription to that magazine.
Anyway, after finding the photo album I came across the Push Pals giraffe and caterpillar similar to the one Iliya was using in the video Melissa posted on her blog. Here again, I would love to find out how to link her blog without it having the web page address print out. I decided to order the giraffe and caterpillar as well. I'm sure our son will enjoy them on our wood floors and probably drive the dog crazy with them.
Randy called on the way home from work and I excitedly told him about my "break through" and told him I not afraid to order baby stuff anymore. His reply..."Oh lawd!!" :-)
We also bought all the outlet covers tonight and the cabinet locks. We have our fire marshall inspection on Wednesday and they require the house be totally baby proofed at the time of the inspection. It is pass/fail so we have to get it right. We also had to upgrade our kitchen fire extinguisher from a 3 lb to a 5 lb. Believe it our not, even with my cooking, the other one was never used but the fire marshall said if it is old, we have to show proof that it was serviced every year. Twenty bucks at Walmart for a new one was a lot less headache!
So there you have it, baby steps towards breaking the jinx, but I'm doing it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So glad you made your first purchase. It makes it feel a bit more real.
Great site. I'll be shopping there in the futre.
To link something...
type what you want it to read 'Melissa' then select it with your mouse (highlight with the mouse). Then click the little green circle with the link (looks more like a paperclip) and put the address in the window that pops up. The circle is next to the font color option.
Good for you for breaking the jinx!! Now you can get all sorts of goodies!!
I think when I post I also highlight the word I want to show and click the button on the tool bar for hyperlink and add the url. Should work!!
Congrats on your purchases! How exciting! :-) I'm going to have to check out that site.
The photo album is the PERFECT gift to leave w/ your little one. What an amazing way for him to learn who you are and who you're about to become....his mommy & daddy. How awesome does that sound????!!!!!
Yay!!! Great job on the purchases. It sounds like you got some fun things. Congrats on breaking the jinx cycle.
To link:
-Type in whatever you want, eg: Melissa.
-Highlight it.
-Click on the green link button (next to the aligning icons)
-Type in the url (or copy & paste it).
I am so happy for you. It sounds like you are checking everything off the list and soon you will be buying airline tickets for home.
Joy
Yeah!! I'm so happy for you! Isn't it great when you let go and realize that you WILL have a child so you should just go ahead and prepare!!?? Enjoy this experience!! (Side note to Randy from Eric: Once she lets herself buy one thing, everything else just seems to jump in the cart too!! Get ready, man!)
I'm glad you are doing some shopping now! Sounds like you already have plenty of advice on making your hyperlinks in your blog. I would also like to mention if you want the direct URL to that photo album, you can right-click on the picture link and select "Open in a new window" and then you can see the real URL in the address bar.
Post a Comment