We were able to check several things off the "to-do" list this week.
We had our fire marshal inspection this week and it went fine. I worried over nothing. The only thing we got dinged on was we didn't have access to our circuit breakers. The panel is in the garage and one of Randy's tall, red Craftsmen tool boxes is in front of it. Apparently you are required to have 36" on each side of it. There wasn't even 36 mm of clearance around it but I told her we would fix it.
I had my TB test this week and it was clear. I had my HIV/Syphilis test today at the county health dept. I was having trouble finding a place to do our Hep B&C test that didn't cost over $150/person. When I was at the lab today I told them about my troubles and asked them if they knew anywhere I could go. Both nurses looked at each other, one nurse closed the door and whispers to me, "Because you are doing a good thing by adopting, I'll do the test for you, but I'm not supposed to since you aren't a regular client here. (Um, thank goodness I'm not a regular client at the Thursday STD clinic!) I do have to charge you the fee though, it's $54.50." I stuck out an arm and told her to stick me. I had $53.00 in cash on me and they only take cash. I ran to the ATM next door and paid them the rest of the money. At lunch I called Randy and told him to go there and tell them who he is and see if they would do it for him too and they did!! All our results will be back in two weeks.
You know we've had lots of problems with getting physicals and I decided to take Melissa's advice and have my ob/gyn do my dossier physical. He's the nicest guy and was always asking if we needed any help back when we were trying for a bio baby. I have the last appt of the day on Nov 28th so all my lab work will be back in time and he can complete the dossier physical. Now we just need to get a physical for Randy but I've got a plan up my sleeve to get him a physical sooner rather than later.
Our toys from Constructive Playthings arrived today! Didn't I order those just a few days ago? The push in go caterpillar and giraffe are ADORABLE and they are already out of the package and being played with. The photo album is really cute and the picture openings are nice and big so we can put bigger pictures in them but yet the album is still compact. Does that even make sense? I recommend that website, their prices were good and I only paid for standard shipping and it got here fast.
At dinner tonight we talked names, finally! Randy told me tonight, "We really need to start coming up with names." So I seized the moment and we took the baby name book to dinner. We are down to two but are throwing a million middle names into the mix. We will probably leave the middle name open until we find out their Russian name and see if it works.
Progress!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm glad to hear you got your blood tests taken care of. Sounds like we've both been pin cushions this week! ;-)
Susan - I meant to send you an email asking how the fire marshall inspection thing went. Congrats for passing! I'm also happy to hear you were able to get the blood tests taken care of. That's wonderful!
Yahoo! You're getting closer!!! :) Don't you love it when people are willing to do a favor because they think you're doing a 'good thing'?...hey, whatever it takes, right?! The medical part was seriously the most stressful part for me. Is your doctor at S&W? They wouldn't give me copies of their licenses over there, but I worked around it. Let me know if you need that info.
Jodi
You are really moving right along! Doesn't feel great to go at a fast pace? We'll get our munchkins before you know it!
(I WISH I could buy toys....)
There seems to be so much pending excitement lately and I am happy to see you joining in (not that you weren't), but getting toys discussing names - it's so much fun!! That lady at the clinic was a God-send!! She will be rewarded!! Congrats on moving things along so quickly!
You are making great progress! Isn't it so much fun to get toys and think that one day soon your child will be playing with it!?!?!
Susan-you are hilarious! I always giggle when I read your blog! I loved your comment about the health dept. about not being a regular! :) It sounds like you are getting it all done! Picking names is fun, but I found it was very difficult for me and Michael to agree on the same ones. Hopefully, it will be easy for you all! :)
Jodi,
I would love to know how you got around the license issue. Both our appts are with S&W doctors. I hope this is not going to be a problem for us.
Post a Comment