Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Overheard at Bedtime

I put a very over-stimulated little boy in his crib tonight after rocking him for 15 minutes with not even a flitter of the eyelids. I knew he was going to have to get himself to sleep tonight. As I walked out of the room and came into the family room I heard the following on the monitor:

MAMA!!

pause

MAMA!!

pause

MA!! (this is his friend Max)

pause

OH OH (the grandkids call my dad Ho Ho and Artem says it as Oh Oh)

pause

NANA!!

pause

LAYLA!! (his lady friend)

pause

screams a very shrill scream

BUH!! (Bella, our dog, he's really reaching now isn't he?)

DADA!!

silence

silence

silence

He's out like a light. I guess he covered everyone he could think of to come rescue him and he gave up and went to sleep.

12 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

Ha! That is so cute! I love that he called out for Buh. He's such a hoot!

Beth said...

Too funny! Luca used to do the samw thing - we called it the "roll call for help"

Melissa said...

Hilarious! Iliya does something similar when he wakes up and we can't get there fast enough for him.

Melissa said...

Hilarious! Iliya does something similar when he wakes up and we can't get there fast enough for him.

Tara said...

How cute is that! It brought a smile to my face. Hope all is well with your family.

Dana and Scott said...

He is genius! That is an adorable story!

Allison said...

What a cutie!

Mike and Wanda said...

I swear I love him more with every story you tell...

Anonymous said...

love, love love your little man:)

We could use him on our lawn since the 3/boys are gone:)

Love your little man and the joy you feel:-)
~NanaD~

Kimmber said...

How precious is that?!?

Karen said...

Susan,
That was adorable. I especially love the picture of his first fireworks!!
Karen

Lindsay said...

Ha ha - he sounds like a one man Walton's show!