I wanted to learn how to make the blog all fancy schmancy like I've seen around blogland but couldn't figure out how to do it. I was just starting to piece it all together when Katie spruced up her blog and gave me the kick in the pants, and the link, to figure this stuff all out. I made a new header last night, but that's just my temporary one until I get another one made. I will build it bigger, stronger, faster, and prettier than ever before, can you tell I watched a lot of the Six Million Dollar Man as a child?
Digress, digress, digress, I'm just starting to be able to wrap my head around this html coding thing so bear with me while I make the changes. I'm going to digress AGAIN, big surprise...is it bear with me or bare with me? Talk amongst yourselves. Combine an incredible drive to make something work out my way (Randy would call that stubborn, I like to say driven) and the insomnia that I seem to be suffering from lately and I will have this place going from shabby to chic in no time! Either that or the thing will crash and burn losing all of my blog. Better not let DHL get anywhere near this blog. (If you're new to this place have a little looksie in the January archives, but you've been warned it's not for squeamish PAP's)
So beyond the new look, I've got some news...Artem's got a new lady friend! Heart be still, I'm no longer the #1 lady in his life. I've been replaced by Layla, a darling little girl, with big brown eyes, a tankini bathing suit, and a good 3 months in age on Artem. Oh it started innocently enough. First it was walks in the mornings, strolling side by side one another in their respective buggies. Then it was a birthday party where Layla paraded around her back yard with one butt cheek hanging out of her bathing suit, and now we are up to library visits with the two of them sitting next to each other during story time and craft time. They grow up so fast! Layla is my girlfriend's daughter and this past week Artem has started saying her name. It started out with just the "l" sound and then moved to "luh-luh" and now he's got Layla down perfect and he says it ALL DAY LONG! He throws his little hands up in the air and looks around and asks for Layla. At the library today, he kept trying to put his fingers in her hair and rub her shoulder. He's really interested in her. Unfortunately for Artem, Layla doesn't give him the time of day but she will oblige him and pose next to him for pictures. Sorry little buddy, this won't be the last time that happens!
We took our second trip to the library today for story time since last week was Artem's surgery. He did GREAT today and there were a lot more people today than last week. My girlfriend's Kim and Allison went with us and it was a July 4th theme for story time today so we all dressed the kids in cute little red, white, and blue outfits. They were the only ones dressed up so they looked pretty stinking cute! Once the children started coming in, he would wave at them and say "hi". He tried to touch some of the kids on the shoulder and his little face lit up when they would come close to him. He stayed with me during story time but this time he really didn't want much to do with the singing and jumping part and wanted to be picked up so I held him during that part and we jumped together. Good workout for mama this morning! I'm looking forward to next week's story time, although the theme is bubbles. Not sure what outfit we'll come up with for that theme. I'm sure Artem will be looking to impress Layla! ;-)
When the house gets quiet and I can't find Artem, this is the first place I look and 99% of the time I find him here, sitting amongst my shoes singing.
Who wouldn't want to see this face every morning from inside the shower? This is Artem's favorite thing to do while I'm in the shower. *Sigh*
5 comments:
The blog looks great, the RWB outfits are SO cute, and the shower door pic CRACKS ME UP!!! :)
Hi Susan! I love your new look! Now if you could post the link that katie gave you to figure all this stuff out... I can have something to do during my evenings of insomnia. lol!
I loved reading about Layla and Artem! I know I've mentioned it before, but you write well. :-)
Whoops! Never mind I found the link! :-)
Love that last photo!!
Artem and his girlfriend are too cute! Can't wait to see his outfit for bubbles storytime. I love your new header. Can you pass the link that you made it on to me.
Post a Comment