Mama and Artem
Wanda used these cute bandannas as our napkins and wrapped the silverware in them, but I thought they would make Artem look like a cute bandit.
Artem started playing with Ryne and I knew what he was up to. He was buttering Ryne up because a minute later he started eye balling Ryne's plate.
And here is the fruit of Artem's labor...his first pickle, plucked from Ryne's plate. I grabbed the camera waiting for him to take a bite and make that scrunched nose face that kids make when they try pickles or lemons for the first time but instead, he loved the pickle!
Time to swim. I bought Artem this new pool float from Walmart and I LOVE it! Artem is secure in it, he has shade, the shade cover is fully adjustable from top to back to front, and he can still get to the water through the mesh and play and splash around without tumbling over. Macy spoils Artem and pushed him around the pool. It was really a rough day for Artem, being treated like a king.
Taking a break from swimming to play cars. Artem loves to play cars and figured out how to use a rock as a passenger in the car. And you know, a day at the pool wouldn't be complete without a little crack showing.
Macy is learning to cook this summer and she made homemade cupcakes for us to enjoy. This is the first time Artem has ever had a cupcake and Macy made them special with little July 4th sprinkles. Look at Artem's eyes in the second picture when he's taking his second bite...think the boy liked them??!!
I didn't know how Artem would do with the fireworks. He had not had a nap all day, he had spent the day swimming and playing, and it was an hour and a half past his bedtime. Look at the pictures in order and see how much he enjoyed the fireworks.
Sitting with mama:
Moved to my own chair to watch the show:
I love the look of excitement in the last picture. Artem was a champ at the fireworks show and oohed and aahed every time he heard a boom and saw the fireworks.
Happy first Fourth of July little buddy!
7 comments:
That last picture cracks me up! He definitely looks like he enjoyed the fireworks especially with no nap. Glad he had a wonderful 4th.
Love the last pic, too! I wore the same pin you did last night - good taste! :)
Looks like you had a fun filled day. I love the excitement in Artem's face at the fireworks.
Hehehehe... what a CUTE little face looking at those fireworks! :-)
Looks like Artem's first Independence Day was a BLAST! :) You were braver than we were, as we didn't brave the Ft. Hood crowds to see the fireworks.
He really seemed to enjoy all his firsts and the entire day.
I like the new look.
Artem loved the fireworks!! That's great! My little guy loves pickles too!! It looks like you had a great fourth!!
Post a Comment