Later that afternoon I noticed that it was too quiet in the house and I went to investigate. I checked all of Artem's usual spots only to find him totally AWOL. I finally went into the living room and saw him by the end table with that, "oh man I am so busted" look on his face and I could see one of my Yankee candles behind him with the lid slightly askew. I asked him, "Artem, did you get into mama's candle?" and he quickly shook his head "no". I asked him again, "Are you sure you weren't smelling mama's candles?" and again he shook his head "no". Now I didn't actually see him smelling the candles, but I don't think it takes a full semester in detective school to figure this one out....
God love him! Lucky for him, he's pretty stinking cute and mama's got a soft spot in her heart for a certain little boy with soot rings on his face.
I bought a Gymboree outfit for Artem awhile ago that has a hat that matches the shirt and shorts but haven't dressed him in it yet since I figured the hat would only last a few minutes. But lately when Artem sees my hat that I wear on our morning walk or Randy's hats, he taps his head and tries to say, "hat". This has gone on for a few days now so I thought we'd give the airplane outfit a try today for our big trip to the DMV for motorcycle and truck tags. (You guys envy my life don't you??) Artem not only kept his hat on for the whole DMV visit, but he kept it on through his lunch date with Layla, AND got very upset with me when I took it off for his nap. After he woke up he started tapping his head again asking for his hat and he wore it all the way until bath time tonight. I guess I'm going to have to buy him a few more hats to wear.
7 comments:
Such a cutie!!! Andrew loves his "shopka" and throws a fit when it falls off. Too bad he has a big head and they don't stay on! :-) Love the soot rings...
The soot rings are hilarious! :) So cute!
I absolutly love that outfit! It is too darn cute. The hat just tops it off perfectly.
Gerard always wears a hat. We have them scattered throughout the house. My 5 year nephew never wore a hat until he swiped one of Gerard's favorite one and I did not realize it. He was upset that he had to leave and walked over to the door, picked up the hat and left. My sister called me when she found him writing his name inside the hat. Now it is his favorite hat. That's boys!
Joy
The hat is too cute and I love the new blog look. I just went back and read everything I've been so behind. Artem is a doll.
Pasha asked us for your e-mail address because he had lost it and also played the Peter Nalitch song for us. WE loved it too and I'm afraid now that I have just mentioned it to you I will spend another day of my life with this song stuck in my brain.
I may be calling you about the blog, I want one too! :)
Oh he is such a sweetie! Look at that cute face. I love love love the outfit! I could see my boys wearing something like that when they were younger.
So cute! I'd say he loves candles. You better watch out! That is great that he kept a hat on that long.
Post a Comment