The director (flowered jacket) and the doctor are such nice women and made this day so special for us. We really felt loved at Andrik's baby home, which I hope to explain more about another day, and they had tears in their eyes as they saw us leave the home with Andrik and asked for us to send updates on how he's doing. They gave us his baptismal gown and certificate and we gave them some seeds for Texas Bluebonnets and told them to sprinkle the seeds on the grounds of the baby home and when they see the flowers bloom each Spring to think of our family and the sweet boy they loved for over a year. The ladies already have a spot picked on the grounds for the flowers.
And in keeping with his older brother's trend, Andrik gave us one heck of a car-sickness-projectile-vomiting show on the ride home. We are 0 and 2 on the barf meter for Gotcha Days. I didn't get a lot of pictures of the boys together in their cute little outfits and thought I could get a few when we arrived home, but Andrik had other plans for his clothes.
Notice the bruise on Andrik's forehead? That would be compliments of his brother Artem from our visits before court. The boys were running and Artem accidently knocked him in the asphalt face first. We don't even have him out of the baby home and he's bruised up from his brother.

The caregivers have been working with Andrik using his picture book to show him our pictures and Andrik was already calling Randy "papa", along with all of the other kids in Andrik's groupa. As soon as we walked into Andrik's room the kids ran up to Randy saying, "Papa, papa!" Andrik can also find Bella's picture in the book and says, "woof woof" when he sees the picture. It's really cute.
After we arrived home, we put Andrik into the shower with Randy and de-barfed him and then got dressed for dinner. We ate at TGIFriday's where Andrik dined on a grilled cheese sandwich and Cheerios. He didn't like french fries, steak, cheese potatoes, or green beans. Looks like we have a picky eater since Artem gobbled up anything we put in front of him.
Andrik is dressed for dinner with one fine looking comb over. Andrik has VERY thin hair with a bald spot on the top of his head, but what hair he has is really long and just kind of hangs everywhere and is in the beginning stages of a mullet. I already have a hair appointment made for him two days after we get home from Russia.

We are checking out of this apartment tomorrow at 2:00. It is the world's scuzziest apartment and there is no way I can do a week in this place. We stayed in three different apartments when we did Artem's adoption and they were fine but this place is an absolute dump and I can't get back to the Marriott fast enough.
The boys have done really well together and bedtime was pretty painless. We have two little cuties asleep in the room in their pirate jammies and after I hit "publish" I'm going to retreat as well, except I won't be wearing pirate jammies.
I'll leave you with some pictures from previous visits. Thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts, I told Randy tonight that it's only been a few hours that Andrik's been with us and I've already forgotten about all the waiting we did for him; it's all a distant memory now.
Past Pictures:
The first time the boys met and all Artem had to say was, "He's so little", and immediately headed for the playground.

The boys quickly found some common ground; collecting pinecones.
We were so excited to see Andrik dressed in boy clothes compared to the pink tights Artem was wearing when we met him.
Andrik was very resistant to me holding him in the beginning and only wanted to be with Randy. This picture is sure to be a timeless momento from our trip.
But by the 3rd day he came around and didn't mind me holding him. Now that we have him with us, I've been using the sling and carrying him everywhere we go.
Ah, there we go, finally some girl clothes on our son. The Russian's didn't let us down. It's a shame you can't see his pink flower socks in this picture.
Fun on a scooter.
Look at that smile. We look forward to a lifetime of these in the years to come.
43 comments:
Wow, he is absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations! I am so thrilled for you, your family, and especially Andrik!
Incredible! Congratulations! Artem looks thrilled to have his new baby brother.
What a handsome little boy! He is adorable!! I bet that in the future you will get a lot of "oh, your oldest looks just like his father and your little one just like you!" :))) What a BEAUTIFUL family you got, Susan :)) Congrats on Gotcha' day #2!!
You all look so right together...praise God! I'm so happy for each of you!! I hope that the transition goes smoothly! Can't wait to see you next week!
Susan,
Thank you so much for sharing this with us! What a handsome boy, and such a beautiful family! Thank you for the photos!!
JulieB from SN
Congratulations! I have tears of joy for you! What a beautiful family! Can't wait to meet the newest little Steen! :)
Awesome! Andrik is such a cutie, and Artem looks so proud to be a big bro. I love the photo of the 2 of them on the scooter. I hope the rest of your time goes quickly & painlessly. Keep the updates coming!
Karyn, Norm & Ilya
OMG he's ADORABLE!!! You can tell by his smile that he's comfortable with you guys! I'm so excited for you and remember vividly the barf-fest the first time. LOL
Love to you guys! GORGEOUS family! <3
My gracious, Susan, he's absolutely gorgeous! I am so excited for Artem having a little brother. I sobbed while reading this and looking at the pictures. Your family is STUNNING! Congratulations!
Yay! Look at those two handsome boys together. So very glad you have your family together. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.
Yup; Never fails...You got me again...All teary eyed seeing your newest family photos! We are SO happy for you <3 Steph & Family!
Gorgeous boy! And the scooter photo makes me teary eyed! What fun he is about embark on:)
Congratulations!!! What a beautiful family of 4 God has blessed you with. Andrik is such a handsome little fella. I love the photo of Artem with his hand out reaching for Andrik's hand. The post brought tears to my eyes. May your remaining time in Moscow be wonderful. Have a safe trip home!
Blessings to you all,
T. Smathers
What a beautiful little boy....I have been checking all day hoping for pictures!!! Love all the pictures....what a perfect family! Enjoy your time in Moscow and hoping it goes quick and you will be home before you know it!!
Yay!!! Congratulations! I woke up this morning thinking about you guys and so thrilled for you that TODAY is Andrik Day!! :) He is just darling and Artem thanking you for him...oh my, too sweet. :)
Nancy (from Bun in the Airplane)
He is just a beautiful child! I hope I get to meet him. So very very excited for you and for Artem, and for Andrik too of course to have such a loving family!
I've been waiting all week for this update. Congrat's! It's amazing how Artem looks like dad and Andrik looks like mom. God made these children especially for you. Enjoy!
Jennifer
Formerly Danemom from SN
I've totally been stalking your blog waiting for pictures of this cutie. I'm so glad to see that your family is together now!
Love the photos!! Many blessings to your new family! ♥♥
Yea!! I thought about you guys the other day and wondered how things were going over there.
And too funny- our 1st referral on trip 1.1 lived in that baby home, as well. I recognize the caregiver and doctor. Both very nice to us when we were there as well.
Loving that you have him!! Congratulations to you all!!
Oh Susan, I'm crying happy tears for you! I know you've walked such a long road to motherhood, and Artem's reaction shows just how good a mother you truly are. Of course it's beyond precious that he was thanking you for his baby brother, but you & Randy have done such a good job parenting him that he is able to embrace this new addition rather than feeling threatened. I'm sure he'll have his moments, but it says a LOT about your parenting that he is handling this the way he is.
And your new son is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and SO CUTE!!! You all make such a gorgeous family. :-D
I'm really, truly, sincerely happy for you guys. Congratulations Susan, Randy, Artem, and Andrik! I'll be praying you through your adjustment and the years to come!
- Michelle
P.S. - Please keep us updated when you have the time... I know your focus will be on your family, as it should be, but we'd like to know how to best be praying & your updates will allow us to do that. And, of course, pictures of your adorable children would be nice... ;-) I've followed your story since before you got Artem home, so seeing your family grow is such an answer to prayer! Congratulations! :-D
***tears**** He looks like he was born to be Artem's brother. You can see a bond there already. Much love to your family and hope everything goes smoothly!
Susan, Congratulations! Andrik is a beautiful boy!
I'm so happy for you all! What a wonderful family, he is darling. That smile--- he can melt hearts!
What a great day for Andrik and your newly enhanced family! You have blessed Andrik tremendously, as I know he will bless your family.
Have a good trip home.
Congrats!
Congratulations! What cuties you have! I love Artem's proud look in the pictures with the director and doctor. He looks to be happy to be a big brother. Andrik is adorable!
He's precious (as is Artem)!! Congrats!
Congratulations! What a beautiful and happy family you make! Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Yay for a family of 4!!! I have tears rolling down my face, I am just SO HAPPY for you all!!! Congrats!!!
He is so beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!!!! He has such a great smile! Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Congratulations! Andrik is adorable! My daughter is from that baby home and my son is from Artem's baby home.
You have two beautiful boys! Congratulations! God is so good!!!
Congratulations to all of you!
Well, holy cramoly, what a wonderful post this is. You should see the goosebumps on me. So so so so so so so glad for you all and can't wait to watch him blossom! What a wonderful big brother Artem's going to be!
He is a handsome little man. You all are very lucky! Congrats.
What an incredible journey! I've been following you through my friend Holly's blog and I am so thrilled for you! We adopted through an agency in our state so seeing IA through your journey has been incredible! Our very best wishes for you and your entire family!!!
He's beautiful Susan! Congratulations! I'm crying but you know they are tears of joy at how God has brought you together as a family!
heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com
Congratulations Susan, Randy and Artem on Gotcha Day!! Andrik is gorgeous, just like his big brother. Wishing you all the happiness in the world!
Congratulations to the four of you! Godspeed home. Lori, Antoine, Simone & Claire
Congratulations to the four of you! Godspeed home. Lori, Antoine, Simone & Claire
Congratulations to the new family of 4! Wishing safe and speedy travels home.
Crying happy tears for your beautiful family of four!!! Congrats!
Congrats !! What a beautiful family you are!! I am sooo happy for you all!!! I am so glad the wait is finally over soon the yucky apartment and the ride home will be just a memory :)
Post a Comment