Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day Five

Today's post is entitled, "You Be the Judge"...


You be the judge...messing with your children while they are napping because you are bored out of your mind is, A) completely inappropriate, or B) fair payback for the times he embarrassed you at the grocery store.

You be the judge...washing a family of four's dirty laundry in the hotel bathtub is A) bloody genius and makes good economic sense, or B) borderline redneck.


You be the judge...Watching Artem "shave" is A) totally 100% adorable or B) too grown up for his mama to handle.

You be the judge...watching an older brother read a bedtime story to his younger brother is A) enough to send my mush-o-meter into the red zone and explode my heart with happiness or B) well there really isn't anything else; A wins!

And finally, we really need your help on this one because it's a hot topic in our household hotelhold at the moment...

You be the judge...dressing your boys in cute matching or coordinating outfits while they are little is A) totally adorable and Susan should milk it for as long as she can, or B) too girly for their father to handle.




24 comments:

MtnGirl said...

I would say that for your last question the correct answer would be A!!! The boys are still little so that you should milk the matching, cute outfits for all it is worth! :-)

Jeanette said...

Cute post!

I dressed my boys alike for all special occasions until they were at least 6 and 4. Then I moved to the coordinated look, but not totally matching thing. I didn't do the every day match thing all that much, but they definitely were coordinated quite often. I think it's cute!

Christine AKA Mommie2my3girls said...

Oh they are soo cute and I say enjoy it !!! I made my girls match a lot too! After all I had 3 girls each 2 years apart it was adorable RIGHT? Love the pics of the boys!!! Artem is already taking over the big brother role soo well!! You have done such a wonderful job :)

Carla S said...

I match and/or coordinate my boys all of the time! Ian loves it and I think it's too cute! They are only little for so long. I say milk it for all it's worth! FOR SURE!

Our Russian Adopted Princess said...

Milk it totally! They are adorable. Sally

Ani said...

Oh go for it! They look adorable :-)

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Love it all!! The boys look adorable and they're are too little to care. . .right now. . .and how else do you do laundry while living in a hotel for a month??? : ) God Bless and safe trip home!

Carrie said...

Dress them alike as long at they will let you. Sophie has put her foot down on this one. They are too cute reading together. Melts my heart too!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the matchy match - the rainbow pjs are awesome! :)

Nancy

Sharon (Looki) said...

First of all, the picture of Artem reading a bedtime story to Andrik is ADORABLE!

And second, MILK IT AS LONG AS YOU CAN, MOMMY!! :)))

If it is too much for Randy, coordinating outfits (like same print or pattern but different colors) instead of exact match, may be easier for his eyes and not so "girly" looking :) But yes, they are just toddlers and look so cute together, go for it as long as they will let you :)

Amy and Corey said...

Tell Randy he should be glad you aren't trying to dress HIM to match the boys too...I have a friend who does that, and it's kinda sad. But your little ones are super cute in matching outfits! Keep it up!

Randy, Denise, Camden and Dasha Denson said...

I would say Milk it for all it's worth, though my husband, also named Randy, would be in agreement with your Randy!!! As far as laundry, I lived in China for a summer and the bathtub was how I did my laundry, it is pure genious!

Carol M said...

I vote for the matching outfits! They're all adorable and who knows? Maybe it will give Andrik a quicker sense of belonging and both boys, more of a feeling that "Of course we are brothers, we're dressed alike!" Susan, you did some excellent shopping!

Anonymous said...

I dressed my girls alike for a while (which they hated by the way) for a few years, but it was because they would fight over who looked nicer or who got to wear pink. I doubt that your boys will be that catty. That being said, I think that if you want to dress them alike, there is nothing wrong with it, at least part of the time. Dressing them alike to go out once you are home, or especially while you are still in Russia is just fine! Besides, they just look soooo darn cute!

-Vicki R.

Kimmber said...

OMG, one picture is just better than the last. I can see how your heart is about ready to explode. Love your sons, they are just adorable.

Thank you for sharing this experience.

Anonymous said...

B A B A A! Enjoying all your updates and pics. Such cute boys! -Michelle in DXB

Anonymous said...

I am going with all B's!

It is so great to see another family make it through court. We are still waiting!

GuinnessandKillian said...

Too.Freakin'.Cute.

Carolynn and Steve said...

Just too stinking cute for words! And the clothes in the bathtub thing is just how you do it in Russia!

Anonymous said...

Adorable. Congratulations on your new son. He looks like a good fit.

And I think the matching outfits are not only really, really cute, but they're also a good idea for teaching Andrik where he belongs. It's a visual. He fits in the family he matches with. ;)

- Fellow adoption blogger

Michelle said...

Susan best do it while she can because before too long it'll go past the "that's so cute!" stage and into the "how embarrassing for those kids..." stage. :-P

you will SOOOOO regret passing this opportunity up while you're still got the chance if you don't take it! i'm not sure what your plans are for future children being added to your lovely little family, but even IF you have more kids, they're the PERFECT ages for this right now. and hey, i still have VERY fond memories of going through this stage with my little sister! i'm 2.5 years older than her, so i was the first to outgrow it, but she was so upset when i finally wanted to make sure we didn't have ANY matching clothes!

in fact, TO THIS DAY, when i got shirts at my college, i almost always get a matching one for my sister! it's true... we like matching t-shirts, polo shirts, that sort of thing. we don't go all-out, nor do we have matching dress clothes, but it's fun to wear matching t-shirts sometimes! and some of the BEST pictures from our childhood have us in matching outfits.

i say milk it. Randy will get over it. ;-)

- michelle

JennStar said...

What a cute post!
As for outfits, my boys are 7 & 5. I like to dress them in "coordinated" outfits- and stores like Gymboree make it easy. I do get identical outfits for them that are "plain"- navy polos and khakis for photos, for example. And they wear identical pj's for Christmas.But your guys are still little- and it's perfectly acceptable! :o) I did it when mine were littler, too.

Mike and Wanda said...

Ryno would say STOP dressing them alike and add mor nike athletic clothing!
I on the other hand would say keep it up Susan as long as they will let you. One day they will break your heart and wear nothing but Nike athletic shorts and stupid Tee-shirts. :)

Joy said...

Tell Randy that I DO make Gerard wear coordinating outfits. He may not let me put his picture on the blog but darn it he will match Anna and I.
I am so glad you are all home.
Joy