Monday, June 23, 2008
Wanted: Translator
Artem's language skills are starting to take off and he's "talking" up a storm right now. Unfortunately, we are not able to figure out 99% of what he's saying. We are looking to pay top dollar for a translator that can speak fluent English, Russian, a touch of Pig Latin and what we suspect may be Wookie. If you know of anyone able to decode these languages please inquire within!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Me! Me! I'm pretty good at translation, since we've just been where you are now! Just keep encouraging him to "show" you what he's talking about. A couple months ago, Iliya figured out what to do when I say, "Iliya, I can't get it, buddy. Can you sign it for me?" It took me 5 minutes, Sunday morning, to figure out that Iliya wanted me to put a bib on him. He pantomimed, talked, signed, as much as he possibly could. When I FINALLY figured it out, I needed a nap!
I think Daniel may be able to understand him, but then we'd have to hire someone to translate Daniel's translation!! What a cutie you have and I love the good morning video!! Congratulations on the library trip too. I hope to try that soon!!
I think we will need to hire a translator too, so let us know if you find one.
Loved the videos. Artem's expressions are priceless.
Too funny. If you find a translator, pass the number on to me. We need one as well.
When Zeke was around that age, we took him to the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas, and it was quite hilarious, because a Klingon came up to us and started speaking Klingon, and Zeke happily babbled in Klingon right back.
Unfortunately I cannot do Wookiee OR Klingon translations or I would be happy to help you out. :D
You might try showing him Signing Time videos - you watch them with him - then you'll be able to use sign language to bridge him to English. I'm an early intervention specialist and we have used them with other children adopted from another country and they are now using 2-3 word "sentences." And know more words than I can count!
Post a Comment