Randy and I have elected to have Artem circumcised. His surgery is Thursday morning at 7:00 a.m., which was not the time this non-morning person wanted to hear. The hospital is about 45 minutes from here so it's looking like we have to leave around 6:00 a.m. Fabulous!
If you could spare a prayer, little man will be prepped for surgery around 7:00 a.m. and the surgery should last around 45 minutes. I had his pain medicine prescription filled today and we've got plenty of Neosporin on hand. Adrienne and Melissa have given me lots of great advice on how to handle Artem's recovery and I've got his bag packed ready to go.
I'll update as soon as I can after we get home and Artem is settled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We'll be praying for Artem. I hope everything goes well tomorrow and that his recovery is quick and not too painful!
I will pray for your little guy. In the nursery we usually put a bunch of vasoline or neosporin onto a 4x4 gauze pad and then lay the gauze pad with the vasoline side to the boo-boo with each change. Good luck with him
Joy
i'm praying for artem right now.
you don't know me, i just stumbled upon your blog through another blog and have checked back occasionally. i've been up all night - had ct scans today to confirm brain tumor, i'm only 21 & have been thinking a lot - but i guess God had me check back here at the right time! i guess it couldn't have been timed better. i'll definitely be praying for all of you & for artem's recovery. :-)
- michelle
Sending prayers Artem's way! They bounce back so quickly from the circumcision - Luca was up and running around within a day or so (and he was 27 months old when we did it due to the general anesthesia) Sounds like you have gotten great advice on the recovery, but thought I would add the one thing that was so useful to us. We coated Luca's diaper with vaseline - lots! This way nothing stuck to the diaper and made diaper changes so easy/painless.
Praying now!! I hope the surgery went well and that Artem has a great recovery and not too painful. We, of course, will be doing the same after we get our son home, but we are going to wait until we have been home for a while, but tips for the future would help. Thanks for your prayers while we were away on our court trip. We really felt them.
I pray everything went well today. He will bounce back in no time. Bryson was fine by that night.
Post a Comment