Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dose of Morning Sunshine

Randy and I are not morning people. Period. God knew what he was doing when he brought the two of us together. We really don't talk much in the morning, more grunts and bits of words but we are fine with that because if I had married a morning person I probably would have strangled him the first time he jumped out of bed full of glea exclaiming, "Good morning beautiful!" It's better this way; grunting and moaning about how much we hate mornings beats singing and whistling in the morning any day.

When we first brought Artem home from the orphanage he would cry every time he woke up from sleeping through the night or just taking a nap. He would be so grouchy and it was a major debacle to wake him up and get him happy. I knew he would fit together like peas and carrots with his non-morning-people parents. I don't know what happened or where I went wrong but my little grouch of a son has turned on us and has become one of the happiest little critters in the morning.

Here's just a little taste of the morning sunshine God has given us and ya know...it's not so bad waking up to this every morning. :-)

A few days ago I tried to upload a video of Artem and Bella. It wouldn't work so I saved it as a draft. Today it worked but blogger kept it in date order of when I typed the draft, so for another video of Artem scroll down below the "Two Months Home" post and you'll find more.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet lil'morning guy! :)
Sounds like you guys are enjoying your summer!

Dede said...

I wasn't a morning person either but it's funny how they can start to convert you. Artem is such a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

Seems like you just might be turning into a morning person after all. :) What a happy guy!

Carrie said...

He is just too cute!!

At least he is that cheery at 8 - Sophie was that cheery at somewhere between 6 and 6:30.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED watching this video - he is SOOOO cute!! You're right, what a beautiful thing to wake up to in the morning :) Thanks for sharing!

Joy said...

Oh he is a ray of sunshine you are right. I love to sleep in now that I work the night shift but before I would be up and running at 7 am.
Joy

Mama Fish said...

Oh my goodness he is soooo sweet! That video just put a huge smile on my face. :-) Precious.

Michelle said...

reminds me of the summer of 2005 when i, going into my sophomore year of college, served as 24/7 nanny to my 14-month-old nephew. like most college students, i loved sleep, and my nephew did not. summers are for sleeping til noon - NOT waking up at 5:30am to interact with a VERY peachy toddler. the only reason i stayed there all summer was because it was really allowing my sister & brother-in-law (who i love with all my heart) to focus on getting degrees beyond the college ones already earned to allow for promotions. waking up to care for my nephew every day - even though i couldn't love a little boy more - when he was so happy to be up & playing with me while i wanted to sleep a couple more hours was very trying at times. although i must say, the sunshine days were better than the "i'm teething AND i have an ear infection AND i have pink eye" days. combine all that with my migraine disorder (read: i get a migraine almost every day of my life) and it made for an interesting summer. i got a small handful of days "off" (read: in the room next to his but without morning duty) and it was during those days that i truly had the mental capacity to understand what my big sister said the moment i arrived:

"i know you love him, but still, this will be the best birth control you could ever have."

i laughed.
she was right.

but i guess if you are blessed with a child all your own and you must sacrifice some of your much-desired or even much-needed sleep for the sake of that child (a small price to pay for all the blessings children bring, but a sacrifice nonetheless), waking up to such a cute & precious kid would be just about as good as it gets. :-)