Monday, October 22, 2007

You Say It's Your Birthday...

Yep, I'm turning 37 today. Eek!! How did 37 get here so fast? Is it just me or do the birthdays seem to be speeding up the older I get? My wonderful husband spoiled me with a Homedics Shiatsu chair massager. I L.O.V.E this thing and I can tell I will get hours of enjoyment from it. In honor of my birthday y'all get to read 37 things about me (I stole this from another blog) that you might not know.

37 Things About Me:
1. I was born and raised in Phoenix, AZ.
2. I have one sister that is six years younger than me.
3. My parents have been married for 42 years.
4. I was born the day before their anniversary, what a gift huh??
5. I’ve lived in Arizona, Georgia, Alabama, and Texas.
6. Georgia is my least favorite state, Alabama is my favorite state.
7. The first album I ever owned was Def Leppard Pyromania.
8. When I was four I told my friend Debbie I had the sharpest teeth in the whole wide world and they could bite her finger off. She let me try it and I ended up getting a spanking and sent to bed. She still has the scar to this day.
9. I can name all my elementary and junior high teachers I’ve ever had.
10. I can sing all 50 states thanks to a song my music teacher taught us in the 5th grade. (50 Nifty United States)
11. My mother said she knew I would be a teacher from the time I was little because I was the bossiest kid on the street.
12. I cut my own tonsils out with a plastic PVC pipe when I was five.
13. I love riding on the Harley with Randy. The times we are out together on his motorcycle are my happiest moments.
14. My father made me a motorcycle mama from the time I was little (I think about 3 or 4 years old) when he would let me ride on the gas tank of his dirt bike and we’d ride through the desert by our house. (I'll have to scan that picture sometime to show you)
15. I have never seen “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” nor “Grease”.
16. I theater hopped one time in my life and was scared to death of being caught the entire second movie.
17. After seeing “Star Wars” when I was young, I was afraid to use the toilet for fear that Darth Vader would come up from inside and get me.
18. I used to make up skate dances to Xanadu in my driveway when I was young.
19. I made my own red and white yarn pom poms for my skates to wear in above mentioned Xanadu skate dances.
20. I hate cold weather and cold weather sports like skiing and sledding.
21. I love warm weather and being out at the lake in the sunshine.
22. I played competitive league soccer for six years.
23. I always wanted to be a cheerleader in high school but I couldn’t do a “Russian” (that jump where you spread your legs out to the side and touch your toes) so I never got the courage to try out.
24. I’m fiercely patriotic and hearing the “National Anthem” sung at ball games or events bring tears to my eyes every time I hear it.
25. I love aircraft of all types and LOVE going to air shows with Randy. I guess it’s a good thing I married a pilot!
26. My first try at a university ended with a .96 GPA (that’s not a typo). My second attempt at a university resulted in a 3.9 GPA and graduation with highest honors. Go Sun Devils!
27. I eat chocolate chip cookie dough straight from the tube.
28. I have a passport and it actually has stamps in it!
29. My travel goal is to see the Seven Wonders of the World. So far I’ve only seen one; the Grand Canyon.
30. Before I die, I WILL be on The Price is Right. (I just wish it was with Bob and not Drew, I miss you Bob!)
31. I can change my own oil, change a flat, and jump-start a car. Thanks dad!
32. My mother taught me how to sew and I’ve made all our curtains in this house. Thanks mom!
33. A few close friends means more to me than being someone that name-drops a bunch of people they are friends with but haven’t spoken to in months.
34. I am a closet tree hugger that is worried about the environment.
35. I named my parakeet Sam after the cutest guy in the 7th grade. (I know, cheesy)
36. I am madly in love with Randy and I think he’s the cutest, funniest, most loyal man I’ve ever known.
37. I want to be a mommy before I am 38.

12 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

I love the list! Especially #17 - I'll have to tell you my Darth Vader story at some point!! Happy Birthday!

Melissa said...

Susan, you never cease to make me smile. I loved this list. I hope today is a VERY happy birthday, and I hope that next year, for your birthday, we'll be getting our boys together at Lake Guntersville - or somewhere else in *ahem!* Alabama! :) Many ((hugs)) on this birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sandy! Another thing we share in common...I turned 37 in August. :) I hope you have the most wonderful day and that next year on your birthday you're celebrating with your little one! :)

Jodi

Jane and Jim said...

HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Hope you have a great one girlie!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a great day. Try to stay warm. I am freezing my tooshie off.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Susan!! I spared you the early a.m. "Birthday Call." You forgot to mention on your list that you have an adopted brother who appeared on the Price-Is-Right!! (remember that??) Hope u have a super-day, and that you do a little shopping for yourself.

Katie said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Your list is hilarious. Especially loved #12 & #18. However, I don't think I want to hear the details of #12.....

Have a wonderful day!
~Katie

Dede said...

Happy Birthday Susan!

Your #12 scares me. Were you thinking you would be a doctor or something?? I just know that #37 is going to come true!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

You are hilarious! I really enjoyed your list! I can't believe you used a PVC pipe to remove your tonsils!

I am dying to know what is going on with you... here's my guess... did you find a baby to adopt in the U.S.? I can't wait to know!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Happy Birthday! Your list was really funny! I look forward to hearing your exciting news!

Becky and Keith said...

Happy Belated birthday!! I love your list and can't wait to hear your news!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!