I think I've been pretty vocal about my dislike for my insurance company, Scott and White, and our local clinic that we are assigned to here in town. I've got four more reasons to be unsatisfied with that place.
1. Deep inner ear infection
2. Strep throat
3. Bronchitis
4. Pink eye
These were the findings yesterday when I FINALLY got in to see the doctor. I called last Tuesday at 8:30 a.m. for an appt that day. I told them I was really sick and took the day off of work and would like to come in. Nope. They were already booked by 8:30 a.m. but they could let me come into the lobby and do a rapid strep test on me. Fine, I'll take whatever I can get because I was hurting so much. I had my test and they told me they would call within 45 minutes and let me know the results. Three hours later I called them and they said it was negative. I asked them if they could see if the doctor would call in a r/x for some antibiotics, anything, to get me feeling better. I was running a 102 temperature and aching all over. They told me they could send an "electronic message" to the doctor and see if he could do it but it might not be until the next day that he would do anything.
I take the second day off of work and I get a call from the nurse around 4:00 explaining that the doctor thinks its probably viral and there is nothing they can do...."You're just going to have to tough it out and let it run it's course." She told me to give it a week and see how I am.
Yesterday was over a week and I got in to see a Phys Assistant and he quickly started writing prescriptions. I still had a fever and I have a "very deep" inner ear infection, a nasty case of pink eye, bronchitis, and oh what a surprise, my throat is "extremely red and irritated and covered in white bumps"...strep!
Today is day two on my antibiotics ($65 worth, and that is with insurance!) and I am starting to feel A LOT better. I swear, someday I'm going to live in a town that has good medical care and I don't have to go through all of this just to see a doctor and get some relief! I just hope when we get our child home that I'm not dealing with this kind of silliness to get them some help when they are sick because I have a feeling that mama bear won't be so nice about it when its my little cub feeling bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Ahh....yes, they are great, aren't they?!! Actually, we do love the pediatric clinic. There is one doctor in particular that we try to see each time and he has been just fabulous in the four years we've been going. I'll give you his name the next time we talk. :) Hope you're feeling better SOON!!!
Jodi
How absolutely horrible! I'm sorry you're feeling so badly - but seem to be getting better at least.
Take a few more days off - I hope you're much much better!
Ugh, sorry to hear that you had to go through all that just to get the antibiotics. Hope you are well soon!
Ouch! I can't believe you had to wait so long! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Good gracious, Susan. Time to get well, don'tcha think?! I do hope you're on the mend!
Oh my gosh, how terrible! I am so glad you are starting to feel better. Stay home as long as you can and get well!!
Grrrrr! That infuriates me. Hope you get well soon :)
Susan I hope you are feeling better now. Health care and health insurance are going down the drain these days. I hope you find a good pediatrician in your area.
Post a Comment