Sunday, October 7, 2007

Weekend Fun

We had a great weekend in Fredericksburg for the Oktoberfest. We always love getting out in the RV and seeing new places. We've driven through Fredericksburg several times but never stopped and spent more than one night there. It was so much fun and we were able to visit with our friends, shop, listen to live polka music (you don't get to do that everyday) and we did some hiking.

I've included a few pictures of our weekend fun:
Enchanted Rock outside of Fredericksburg, TX. Second largest granite mountain, no clue what the first largest is. We climbed to the top of this.
The three of us as we started the loonnnggg climb to the top of Enchanted Rock.
Randy and Bella took a break halfway up and enjoyed the view.
We made it to the top!
You can't go to an Oktoberfest and not take a picture in front of the six foot tall beer mug.


I got to do some shopping and the stores of Fredericksburg did not disappoint. I actually let myself buy something for the baby. We don't shop for baby stuff b/c we've never wanted to "jinx" ourselves but I couldn't help buying this little plaque when I saw it. I'm going to hang it on the door of the nursery.


I came across a quote this weekend that made me immediately stop and take it in. Lately, I've started having dreams about our baby. The dreams happen right before the alarm clock goes off in the morning and when I wake up I try to keep the dream going in my mind because it feels so good. This quote is how I feel about our child when I have these dreams:

"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, that's where I'll be waiting" ~Tinkerbell

Have a great week everyone!!

6 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

I think the largest granite mountain is Stone Mountain, right here in GA. It looks just like the one you were on except it has a carving of some Civil War people on the front (see... I'm not so good at history :-)). I LOVE the sign for the baby's door! I am the same way as you - no jinxing! Keith and I decided this weekend that I have to get over my superstitions so we can spread out the cost of some of our purchases (furniture mainly). I agreed that we can buy it, but it must stay in the box until between trips 1 and 2. Love the tinkerbell quote - I'm adding that to my poems and quotes for the adoption scrapbook. Glad you had a great trip!

Jane and Jim said...

Love, love, love the door plaque - so sweet. I may have to steal it (make one)!
My hubby won't let me buy anything at all until after we meet the children - it's so hard. I have so many links and fun things stored in my favorites - just need to meed them!

Your trip seemed like a lot of fun!

Troy and Rachel said...

I love the plaque you bought and how true it is!! Troy and I gave in and have bought things for baby. I have days where I think we jinxed ourselves and then days where I'm so glad we already have the things so when we come home broke we won't be lacking!! I'm glad you had a nice weekend and I love the photos of you and hubby with Bella.

Carey and Norman said...

Your pictures are really good. It looks like you had a great weekend. You asked about the house. We are selling it because I am trying to stay home once we complete our adoption. Unfortunately, this will not allow us to keep our current home. Thanks for the advice on the front porch. I am going after work today to buy mums. We have two bales of hay and will purchase some more pumpkins and goards. I'll take pictures and post next week!

Thanks for asking!

Troy and Rachel said...

Hey Susan - you posted on my blog a question about the classes with CHI - we found out about them through the website for our area office. Granted they are 8 hours away but totally worth it. You can as your local rep and maybe she can tell you if there are any close to you. Pre-Adopt 1 was very helpful and Troy even enjoyed it and got involved and asked questions. He's usually very reserved in those situations!!

Katie said...

Looks like a wonderful trip. I think we'll pass on the hiking though ;-) And the sign you bought for the nursery.....literally brought tears to my eyes. It's beautiful! I can't wait for you to fill that room with many more beautiful and special things like that. And the Tinkerbell quote is so fitting. I'll have to do something special with that for you ;-)

Hugs,
Katie