We had a long day today and I am going to keep this short and sweet as I am heading to bed by 9:45 tonight instead of my usual midnight.
This morning started out with snow! What crazy Moscow weather. We started the trip with lots of sunshine and highs reaching near 70 degrees and now we are back to snow and cold, windy weather. Pasha picked us up today at 10:00 and we did a little shopping. We went to the Red Square to get THE picture that all Russian adoptive parents have to get; the family picture in front of St. Basil's cathederal. This visit only lasted a few minutes because it was very cold.
Our Embassy interview was today and we left the Red Square and headed to the Embassy to get an early start in the line. Our appointment at the Ebassy was very easy and we got to visit with all the other adoptive parents and children in the waiting room. The gentleman at the Embassy was very nice and gave us tips on getting Artem's social security number and US passport. I dressed Artem in his American flag sweater so he would be appropriately dressed for the US Embassy. :-) After the Embassy interview we went to Mama's Pasta to eat a late lunch. I wish we had Mama's Pasta in the states. So good!
We had to make one last stop at our adoption agency to sign a piece of paper and S informed us of our MoE appointment tomorrow (Friday). Pasha will get us around 11:30, we'll stop and buy flowers and then go to the MoE to sign "their book". Apparently this removes our names from the list of potential people that could receive a referral. After the MoE appointment tomorrow Pasha is going to take us to the outdoor market to do some shopping. The weather is supposed to be a high of 48 and 60% chance of rain. Sounds lovely for an outdoor market.
I am including a picture of Randy's mom Jenna and Artem. We took a few pictures today of the two of them and Jenna had makeup on so she is now allowing me to post a picture. Previously she didn't have hair and makeup done so I wasn't allowed to post the pictures. (You're welcome Edie)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
That first picture of the 3 of you in front of St. Basil's is great!! Picking up the stroller - what a stroke of genius! We pulled Liam out of the stroller so our "postcard shot" features him in meltdown mode.
Hey, please tell Pasha that we said "Hi!" and he's still very much in our thoughts. We hit it off so well with him and really regret that we didn't get to have him as our driver/translator on trip #2/3.
Aha, here come the grandparent questions:
What will Jenna want Artem to call her?
And is this her first grandchild?
Laura (zachytacky)
I just wanted to say Congrats. Your son is adorable!
I love the sweater! As Rob said, why didn't we think of just picking up the stroller??? Genius!!!
Hey guys, please be sure to delete the comment left by "Zololkis." That link he posted will direct you to a spyware website. Please don't click it!
Gorgeous, gorgeous family! I can't express my joy for the three of you!
Gorgeous, gorgeous family! I can't express my joy for the three of you!
Love the streaker pictures and so happy the trip is going well. The big question is, when are you coming home with the US newest citizen!
All the best,
Maria
Great family pictures!!
I think one of the reason I read these adoption blogs is to see the family photo in front of St. Basil's. We were in the mid's 70's today in Bama so I guess there are some good things about waiting on visa renewals stateside. Artem is just too cute and we wish ya'll all the best! Enjoy your trip to the market and be sure to try to shaslik! We like the cooks on the far right hand corner best and they will gladly pose for a neat picture for you.
Paka!
Dihia and Ron
Paka!
Dinia and Ron
Your week is winding down, soon you'll be hoem with Artem! The pictures brought back such memories for me. Our son, Luca, wore that exact sweater to the Embassy 2.5 years ago! Have a great last day and safe travels home
Hi Susan and Randy,
My husband and I are in the process of adopting from Russia, too. Congratulations! You all make such a beautiful family!! Artem is a real cutie! If you would like to follow our journey, too, please email me at townleyt@att.net.
All the Best!...Teresa
Post a Comment