Gotcha day is going to be delayed one day because of paperwork processing. The court decree is being picked up this morning, Artem's birth certificate will be picked up right after that, but his passport paperwork needs to be submitted today by 5:00 pm so it doesn't throw our schedule off for next week and then we would still have our 2.5 our drive to Fyazino. That would have us picking up Artem around 7:30-8:00 pm tonight and we don't want to have to wake him up. So tomorrow (Saturday) we'll leave here at 9:30 am and go get him.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with some video of trip one and some pictures of our favorite pictures from trip two.
First Meeting with Artem:
Some of our favorite memories from trip one:
For some reason I cannot get the videos to directly play. I've tried everything I can think of on You Tube to share it on here but it doesn't work. Any tips would be appreciated.
31 comments:
It will be so great to pick Artem up after a restful night's sleep... for all of you! :) I'm jumping for joy, doing a happy dance and on the brink of tears to think you'll be holding your boy for the first of many days together.. in just hours! Congratulations Mamma & Pappa!
XOXOXOXO
simply amazing! the three of you look like you were meant to be. thank you so much for sharing these videos.
Congrats mommie!
Keep us posted as much as possible. Praying all the paperwork goes smooth and you are home soon!
Maria
Susan, these videos are beautiful! I can't stop watching them. Hoping you're reunited with Artem very quickly. He is such a precious little boy. I can't wait to read your next update!
Hugs,
Karyn
PS - THANK YOU for taking our papers!
Those videos are just beautiful. And you three make a perfect family. Susan, thank you for letting all of us share this journey with you!
Natasha (Islandmom)
It is an honor to share in your journey towards bringing Artem home. I am in awe of the way God's Plan comes together exactly how He intends it to.
Congratulations a million times over!
Kris
Thank you for this post! I'm so happy for you three!
Wow! He is AMAZING! You all look like each other! I LOVE IT!
Dana~ Cade's Mommy!
Loved the videos, they made me cry tears of joy for you, Randy and Artem. He is an absolutly beautiful little boy. It is easy to see why you feel in love with him from the start! Have a safe trip bringing your son home!
I'll be so glad when the paperwork is over! Sorry you had to wait an extra day. I know you're ready to have him with you! And he is absolutely adorable!
Oh my goodness what an amazing video. I was crying from the moment you took Artem into your arms. He is precious! Congrats on your adoption and thanks for sharing the video!
Paka!
Dinia
What a handsome little man! We are all so happy for you guys. May God bless the two of you and your precious son!
Nicole
I have a recommendation for the women watching your video. Kiss me mascara by Blinc cosmetics. It's the only thing that saved me. I cried and cried for you (tears of joy!) as your video is so very beautiful. Of course I was watching it at work. Then I had to go to a meeting. Wow - tough transition. I wish you guys the best life can give you.
Congratulations! Tomorrow is going to be the beginning of a new life turned upside down! I know you will love every moment of it!
Susan,
I am so glad to hear that you are making it through. I love the videos. What a nice memory. I have to say I am not ashamed to say that they made me cry.
Joy
Oh MY Gosh, I was bawling like a baby watching those videos...Thank you so much for sharing them. You are in my prayers for a safe happy trip...
God Bless You
Congratulations! Your little boy is precious and adorable! May you have a wonderful GOTCHA Day! We'll be thinking of you and your happy day to inspire us as we get on the Delta Flight back to Atlanta tomorrow (saturday). Blessings to you-
Heather & Jason
What a little beauty he is! Papa is certainly laughing up a storm!
And that first picture of Artem in the video - those big, beautiful eyes! You must have been smitten! I am so, so happy for you that your precious little one is coming home.
I'm so sorry that your Gotcha Day was delayed.
I think it is pretty amazing that - after all your heartbreaks and uncertainties - you could put Artem first, and make sure you collected him at the best time for him. But then that's what parents do - put their kids first! Have a wonderful reunion with your son tomorrow Mommy! :)
God Bless your family Susan. May you always walk in sunshine together.
Susan and Randy,
Your videos and picutres made me cry! Artem is such a precious boy and you guys just look soooo happy with him!
Thanks for sharing the videos!
Sinziana
Susan, FINALLY, I have been stalking your blog for 48 hours waiting to see those cheeks! :) And the EYES! What a cutie.
You have to know that tears were flowing for me, seeing Tamara in the photos, watching you in the music room, pulling up in front of those gates, all those memories of our Liam came flooding back to me!
I hope you have a wonderful Gotcha Day!
Ondrea
Omgosh he is adorable!! Congrats again guys. I am so happy for you!!
You make a beautiful family. Thank you so much for sharing this journey with us.
Happy "Gotcha Day" Artem, Mama & Papa
Marcia (SN elliejan)
I bawled like a baby from the minute I opened the video. Both my girls watched it with me and are in love with "Baby Artem!" Thank you so much for sharing your joy with all of us readers!!!
love
Tammy (Frogmorest)
i am so thrilled for you guys! *tears*
Artem is a one lucky boy to have parents like you guy:) Congratulations and hope to meet Artem in person someday!
Have a safe trip back!
Susan and Randy,
Artem is just beautiful. I'm so happy the next time you see him is the forever time. Lori
Oh, he is absolutely a doll! So precious, Susan. I can't wait to hear you have him!!! Thank you SO much for posting the pictures and videos! LOVED your videos and would love to know how to make one of my own! Congratulations!!!
Artem is absolutely adorable! You all look so happy together. I was also in tears watching the videos. It was just about a month ago that I made that final drive to Fryazino to pick up Thomas. It's only a matter of hours before you make that same trip. Congratulations!
Congratulations, I'm so happy your journey is almost done. And even happier we get to see pictures!!
Enjoy your remaining time and have a safe trip home.
I am so happy for you! I cried all the way through the video. I cannot imagine how it must have felt for you two but your repeated kisses of Artem told such a precious story! Soon you will be able to shower him with kisses all day long, every day! Praise God for bringing the three of you together. Thank you for sharing your journey.
My husband and I are adopting from Russia and we are in the waiting phase. I have been following your journel for a long time. I don't have a journel but I love reading everyone elses. I came home from work yesterday and said "oh my God, today they get Artem, I opened my laptop right away and was truly excited to see your pictures. I cried during dinner while watching the videos. My husband just shaking his head because I am emotional and crying over people I don't know. We are already parents to an amazing 5 year old boy and just knowing how many things you have to look forward to and happy memories you are going to make. This baby is going to be so loved and there are no english words to describe the love that the two of you are going to experience. Waching your video made me realize for us "this will happen". We are adopting a babygirl. Artem looks like dad. He is a cutie pie and Susan I loved that you autimatically had the mommy rock as soon as he was placed in your arms. This is one lucky baby and you two are very lucky parents. You are going to be a tight trio. Enjoy every minute.
Oh, Susan... I just got back a vacation so havn't checked in in a few weeks.. I'm now reading back from the point I left (this being the first post since) and just watched both videos with tears in my eyes... They were wonderfully made and Artem is just beautiful... Thank you so much foe sharing those with us. God bless you!!
Post a Comment