We had a busy day today and had so much fun! The weather was really nice today and we decided to venture out to the Renaissance festival in Waxahachie. Neither of us have ever been to a Renaissance festival before and were surprised at how much fun we had. Artem did great and smiled and laughed all day so I guess he had fun too. Randy took him into the petting zoo. He didn't mind the animals but he didn't want to pet any of them and kept a very tight grip on Randy's shirt the whole time they were in there. Randy wanted to watch the jousting show so he put Artem on his shoulders and Artem babbled and yelled the whole time he was up there. Whenever the crowd would cheer, Artem would yell and through his hands in the air like he was cheering too. It was pretty comical to watch.
When we got home Randy put together Artem's riding dump truck. Artem was a great helper and got so excited watching Randy use the tools. Randy showed him how to use the screwdriver and hammer but Artem was more interested in tasting them rather than using them. Ewww... The boys finally got the dump truck put together and it was time to ride. Artem caught on right away and had fun pressing the buttons to make noise. The dump truck can turn into a wagon so Artem pulled it around for awhile and figured out he could pick up small pebbles and put them in the back.
Tonight I ran the water for Artem's bath and he tried to climb into the tub with his clothes and shoes on. He started to cry when I pulled him off the side of the tub to get him undressed. He wanted in the water right away. What a change from last week in Russia when he would scream bloody murder when we put him in the tub. Wow, "last week in Russia"...seems like we've been home a lot longer than that!
10 comments:
Artem is adorable! I'm so happy he's settling in nicely and that bath time isn't so scary anymore. By these pictures, it seems like Artem has been home much longer than 1 week!
Sounds like a really fun day! It is hard to believe you've only been home a week. Artem seems to be adjusting SO well! I'm sooo happy for your family!
You must be loving every bit of this time with your son. I love the bath tub picture he looks so happy.
Joy
Grace loved seeing the pictures of Artem (and Bella). So fun to see him enjoying the efforts of your delicious chowder and too see the little rocking chair filled!--Nora & girls
He's such a beautiful little tike! Randy looks SO proud in the pic of them and the dump truck - soooo sweet!
What a doll! I just love Artem's smile!
I love the funny faces. Randy looks so happy and proud!
I've been so busy I missed most of your posts of your trip, but you have an adorable little man. Looks like he brightens the room where ever he goes.
Susan, I swear it looks like ya'll have been together forever already!!
Laura (zachytacky from SN)
What a cutie!
Post a Comment