Top dollar is being offered to anyone that has knowledge on the whereabouts of our dossier that was mailed to Russia and lost by DHL immediately afterwards. You read that correctly, our dossier, along with another family's dossier, was lost by DHL on its way to Russia! Can international adopting get any more stressful??? After Rob and Dede's troubles with DHL and their visas and now this with DHL, I have no faith in them to handle any of our paperwork. Apparently, the packing slip on the outside of the box was ripped off and lost and it sat in a distribution center until someone from DHL opened up the box to try to find a phone number. In the meantime, the Russia office is asking our agency where the box is that they said they mailed. DHL eventually got in contact with our agency and assured them the box would be returned last week but it still has not arrived. Now DHL promises it will be at our agency's office by tomorrow but in "I-can't-make-this-stuff-up" news...a major snow storm has hit the city where our agency is located and a Wednesday delivery date may not be possible!!
Even though this is stressful to know our dossier has been delayed, we aren't worried about the setback to the timing of the adoption. Some great opportunities have come up for Randy that will make travelling the beginning of February very difficult for us. Our agency offered to act as quickly as they could and get us traveling the end of January but it would be very difficult for us to do with Randy's new happenings. So after talking it all over with our agency we have asked for them to hold off on registering our dossier until the end of February and have us travel the first of March. We think we've made the right decision for our family and we feel especially fortunate to have an agency that can work with us like our agency has done. It's actually very comforting knowing when we are going to travel and knowing we don't have to stress each time the phone rings wondering if it is "the call". Now if we can just get DHL to get their act together and get our dossier back into the right hands!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Sorry to hear your troubles with DHL and Mother Nature. Sounds like it's all going to work out with your current happenings though. I was hoping you might be travelling with us on our 2nd trip. :-( Oh well, we should be back home and rested up about the time your adventure gets started! Here's hoping that everything goes smooth for you from here out!
Sometimes these things happen for a reason! I'm sure the timing for everything will be perfect.
I believe DHL is the only reliable courier into Russia. All our paperwork went via DHL. Luckily we didn't have any problems.
Good luck!
Yikes Susan! Congrats on the travel dates though! That's very exciting. The flexibility of our agency is great, as is their committment to their familes and the children. So, with all of this there's still a chance we could travel together! i know that doesn't make up for the lost dossier though! Oh, and maybe you can get a sweet deal on travel now.
How stressful this must be. I cannot begin to imagine. I will pray for a quick return of your paper Gold (Dossier).
That is amazing that you can pick and choose when your Dossier is registered to determine when you will travel to Russia. Sounds like your new agency is working miracles for you! That is good to hear!
That's craziness. We really rely on the overnight people. I like Fed Ex now because you can print sticky labels on-line and they can't tear off. You sound like you are handling it pretty well. I hope it gets there soon!
OMG - you must be freaking out!! Although, I guess with hubby's work situation, maybe it's not so bad after all. But WOW.
This truly is a roller coaster ride for us all!
I'll cross my fingers and toes that they find that VIPaperwork very quickly!
Oh my goodness!! I get sick to my stomach just thinking about our dossier getting lost!! Despite that, it sounds like everything is moving right along for you. I'm glad the timing seems like it should work great for you.
I'm so sorry to hear about this! DHL lost 2 gifts my mother-in-law ordered for Jim and our nephew last month too. I don't think I'll be using them anymore for anything, at least not around a holiday!!
Sounds like your agency is great. I can't wait to hear what happens next!!
Could anything BE more crazy?!?! Like Chris said - it sounds like it all happened for a reason and a good reason for you and your family! I hope 2008 is a great year for you - from the sounds of it, it will be MORE than fabulous!
Wow, that is terrible!! I hope it turns up soon, but it's really good that you're not letting it stress you too much.
Post a Comment