Friday, January 4, 2008

It's Gone

DHL cannot locate our dossier. The other family's dossier showed up but our dossier is gone. The envelope it was in is empty. We have to start all over again. I don't know if it is even worth it, maybe this is God's way of telling us we are not meant to adopt. I can't stop crying.

21 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh Susan I am so sorry. That just doesn't make any sense at all. Please know that I am thinking of you. Maybe it is God's way of slowing you down just a little because your child isn't ready yet. Has DHL searched everywhere? Is there anything else they can do? Hang in there and I'll keep you in our prayers.

Mark and Sinziana said...

Susan,
I am soo sorry to hear about the lost of your dossier docs. Hang in there. Take few days to relax before you start collecting the docs again... As Rachel says, maybe the child God is choosing for you is not ready yet. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Sinziana

flute4peace said...

Oh Susan that's heartbreaking! I just popped in here hoping you had some good news and this is such a shock! My prayers for you... (HFD23 from SN)

Jodi said...

Oh, Susan, I am sooo sorry! What a nightmare! HOWEVER, you've done it once, you can do it again and it will be so much quicker and easier this time. Keep pushing forward...your child NEEDS you, and you need your child!!

Dede said...

I am so sorry to hear this Susan. I know how you feel when you say maybe it is a sign to give up but don't! I truly believe after all the ups and downs we have gone through that it's just all part of the process to get you to the right child at the right time. Hang in there...you will be suprised how quickly the next dossier will come together! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Susan,
Please don't give up. It's just opposition. Your baby is there. I believe God started this adoption with you and your husband and He will be with you to completion. I'm so sorry. I have two beautiful daughters from Russia and all the struggle became joy when I finally got them home. I'm praying for you.
Julie

Allison said...

Oh my goodness. I don't even know what to say. I am so sorry. Sending lots of prayers to you and your family.

Melissa said...

Don't you dare give up. It's a setback & feels (and IS) major right now, I know. But it doesn't mean you aren't "meant" to adopt. Think how quickly you were able to get your dossier docs together in the first place. Did you keep a copy of your dossier? If so, that should make things even easier.

Also, is DHL going to reimbuse you, financially?? I would SO push the envelope on that one. Not suing or anything like that, but they absolutely should reimburse you for the cost of the dossier (apostilles, etc.).

It sounds crazy, but one day, you will look back on this day, and then you will look at you child, sleeping in his crib, and think how it was all SO worth it.

In the meantime, ((hugs)) coming your way.

Beth said...

Susan, I am so sorry. I do not know what to say...well,yes I do - I sent you an email. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Carey and Norman said...

Susan, I too am so very sorry to hear this news. I too was hoping for a positive response to the loss of your Dossier. I also agree that this is just a setback and doesn't mean that you shouldn't adopt. You had mentioned previously that you were going to postpone your travels due to Randy's job, so maybe this is something necessary to ensure the documents were done correctly for your travels later this winter/spring.

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers as I know this will be a difficult weekend. I hope God can provide peace and encouragement as you move forward.

Again, I'm so sorry!

Jane said...

Oh, Dear Lord! That is beyond comprehension! I can't even imagine. I am so sorry, I'd be taking DHL to court over this and get them to pay for the entire adoption! Get an attorney. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Tiger & Kar said...

Susan - I just wanted to follow up on the email I sent you earlier. Please, please please don't give up or take this as a sign that you weren't meant to adopt. Your little one is still waiting. Don't doubt that!!

Our prayers have been with you since we met, they are with you now, and they will be with you throughout this entire journey.

Sending many, many hugs your way sweetie.

Kar & Norm

Melissa said...

Ohh noo! Dont give up. Is there anything I can do? I know probibly not really. I am sad for you. I truely in my heart believe you should not give up. This is just a bump in the road. I am definately thinking of you.

ana said...

We are so sorry...I'm sending you an email.

Chris said...

This is unreal! Keep your spirits up, you can slog through the dossier process again, and it should go faster!

Best wishes!

Deb said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'll be praying for you both for some sort of peace in all of this and for direction. {{HUGS}}

Becky and Keith said...

Oh Susan!! HUGS, HUGS AND HUGS! You poor thing! I agree with EVERYTHING everyone has said. Don't give up - this setback will lead you to the child that is meant to be yours. Take a few days to yourself - you deserve it. Splurge on yourself - Oooo.. GO SHOPPING! I'll be thinking about you. If you need anything at all, please just shout!

Joy said...

Susan,
Wow is that horriable. I know that this may not help but I some times think that God puts these obstaces in our path so that we are lead to the right spot.

I am trying to think of these obstacles in terms of maybe my baby is not born yet or maybe my he has not been released onto the database yet.

I know this is very hard but do not give up.
Joy

Deb said...

I was just thinking, your package had to have been insured so that should cover the price of all the apostilles. I'm hoping you have copies of everything.

I hope you find some encouragement somewhere. I would just hate to see you stop for this reason.

Ryan and Amy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! That is so unreal! I am SO SORRY Susan. I cannot imagine...that being said - do not give up, this is a setback, not a reason to give up...it may be God's way of slowing you down to make sure your child is who will be referred to you. We had to redo our entire dossier for our new agency and I know what an extreme headache it can be BUT I think you will find many people will feel so horribly for your situation that they will do anything to help. A couple tips:

Try compiling a mass email to all those you need documents and help from - explain what has happened.

I found that many of the people we needed documents from had saved a copy therefore it was not at all difficult to print off another copy.

Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do. Keep us updated - there are a lot of people praying for you!

Denise :o) said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! That is horrible!!! I am so so sorry!!!!