Saturday, January 12, 2008

Round Two

Our second dossier is on its way to our agency. We were fortunate to get the second dossier put together in a week. We are still waiting to have our dossier registered in late February so we can travel in March due to Randy's work situation. Our agency is going to have another family hand carry it to Russia for us in the next week so they can get it translated and ready to be registered. We have no idea who the family is, but we appreciate them taking on the responsibility of carrying someone else's dossier to Russia. We will feel a lot better once our dossier is safely in Russia. My co-workers have been teasing me this week that two dossiers equals two babies and they are convinced we will be referred twins.

When we were at the pack and ship store today mailing our dossier, a lady was getting prices for shipping her package and the clerk told her that DHL was the cheapest and both Randy and I turned in unison and told her, "DO NOT USE DHL!!!!" Randy told her he'd pay the difference for her to use another shipper. :)

19 comments:

Ryan and Amy said...

Oh..I love this song! That seems like you got that 2nd dossier done in no time..way to go. I am sure you are relieved another couple will be taking yours over. Congrats!

Tiger & Kar said...

Congratulations! I knew you'd get the 2nd dossier pulled together in record time.

Melissa said...

YAY!!! I am sooo happy that you got this one done so quickly. Hopefully it gets to Russia quickly and safely. BTW I stopped by the other day and you werent home. I really need to get youe phone number so I dont keep popping in on you. lol

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Wow! Congratulations on getting your dossier completed again and getting it done so quickly! That is great news! It sounds like you all are back on track with registering it as originally planned, and you will probably have your referral soon after that! Now you can relax and enjoy your weekend! :)

ana said...

You really got that 2nd dossier done quickly! I know you're so relieved that it is done and will really be on its way to Moscow soon. It's so wonderful that now you can still travel in March, as you had originally planned. Don't do anything that has to do with paperwork and enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

Dede said...

Congrats on getting the dossier together so quickly! Maybe I'll be the one they pick to take it over for you!

Joy said...

I think it would be really cool if someone who reads your blog was the one carrying your dossier.
Joy

Beth said...

WOOHOOO! Congrats on getting that second dossier together so quickly! Our documents are also going to get hand carried over late next week (maybe it will be in Dede's carry on!) due to my nervousness with DHL losing our document, too. So, our papers should be travleling together. Can't wait to hear that you have a referral - or referrals :)

Susan said...

Dede, that would be awesome if you carried our dossier over especially sine we both "strongly dislike" DHL!!!

Becky and Keith said...

WOW! You got that done so quickly! Congratulations. I'm so glad a family is carrying your dossier - at least you'll have a sense of peace!

Becky and Keith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane and Jim said...

You are so fast! Congrats on round 2 Doss going... Crossing my fingers that nothing happens to this one!
PS - Twins would be GREAT!

Jodi said...

You're speedy! Congratulations! Having it hand carried should give you some peace of mind!

Matthew Ruley said...

I knew you could get it done quickly! Congratulations. You must feel good. Looking forward to following your journey. 2 babies sounds good!

Allison said...

Wow! That has to be record time for putting together a dossier. I'm so happy that you were able to get it finished so quickly and you'll be able to keep the same timeline with your adoption.
Congrats!

Troy and Rachel said...

That's wonderful that dossier two is done so quickly! It'll be in Russia before you know it.

Lori said...

YEA! You hardly skipped a beat! Way to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and move on! Just think, baby has some pretty resourceful parents...I would love for you to read my latest post called "perspective." It really helped me through some emotions...please stop in:0)

jill coen said...

Susan, what a story you have to tell your little guy! His mom and dad wanted him so much, they put a dossier together TWICE! What a labor of love. I'm glad you went for it again!!

Deb said...

Twins! That's cute! Please let us know as soon as they get it. I'm anxious and praying for you.