We received word today that we are leaving for Russia in 8 days!! We were in San Antonio today getting our fingerprints done for the I600A and found out our dossier is registered and we have been invited to travel! We leave Feb 2nd and will be home the following Saturday.
We reserved the Arbat 22 apartment for the week, booked our flights, finished our Visa applications and was able to get the cash needed for the trip from our bank in brand new bills. Tomorrow morning we'll Fed Ex our Visa applications and keep our fingers crossed that we get them back in time with no errors. The baby's photo album is ready to go complete with captions for each picture written in Russian and the toys and books have been selected. We need to buy a few odds and ends for the trip but we really don't have much left to do but pack. My biggest task this week will be preparing my classroom for the week I'm gone. Unfortunately I'm missing the 100th day of school. Randy does not understand my concern and doesn't quite get how momentous the 100th day of school is for a Kindergartner. But at least its for a good cause. :-)
We are excited for the trip but it does not feel real yet. I still haven't been able to wrap my head around the fact that right now, somewhere over in Russia, in an orphanage, there is a baby that will be our child and will soon be home with us, toddling around the house. Amazing!
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
Susan - So excited for you and Randy!! We will be leaving Moscow on the 2nd - we will pass by you over the Atlantic!
I remember all too well how important the 100th day of school was to my kindergartners, too :)
Good luck with all your packing and the visas. Again, we are so thrilled for you.
Yeah!!! That's what I have been waiting to hear! I've thought about you often today and I'm so glad you got great news!! Remember, don't sweat the small stuff.. If you're staying on Arbat and forget to pack something, they'll have it in one of the many shops there!! Congrats!!
Congratulations! So glad you got the official invitation to travel! (We're hoping for ours next week. We think we're traveling on the 9th, so we'll pass you over the Atlantic then!) We're so thrilled for you!
We are so happy for you guys!!! I'm off to do my happy dance ;)
Yay! Congratulations Susan! I can't wait to hear about your trip and your child. Good luck with packing and getting everything taken care of. You'll meet your little one before you know it!
OMG! That is amazing - congrats! From zero to 200 miles an hour!
Awesome news! And you're in a good location with the Arbat 22 apartment.
Susan I am so very excited for you both. I am glad the time is finally here for you. If you need anything let me know.
P.S. Bella was an angel today when I let her out. But when I came in she just looked at me like, wait you arent my mom! lol
Woo hoo...I'm doing a happy dance right now!!! I'm glad we will get to meet up with you over here and I can't wait for you to meet your child!
SOOOO Exciting!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to hear all about the baby and your trip. (I'm a TAD jealous too!!)
Have a GREAT, SAFE, WONDERFUL trip.. you guys deserve it!
Jane
YES! There is a baby just for the TWO of you! Hooray! I am so happy for you... what a long road you have been on. I will be thinking of you and wishing you safe, happy, organized travels!
Congratulations! That is wonderful news! I can't believe how quickly things have happened for you all! Best wishes as you pack and prepare to meet your little one!
Great news! That is wonderful! It is all happening so quick for you two. Can't wait to follow your travels.
Congrats!
Susan-Congratulations! I told Matthew that you were adopting a baby and he said to tell you "Cool"!!! He doesn't realize how amazing it is for you. I wish you and Randy all the best, you are going to make fantastic parents!!!
WOW!!! That was fast! Congrats - we can't wait to hear much more!
This is exciting news. I'm so glad you received travel dates and are going so quick. I look forward to hearing about your child! I know you are probably still spinning with all the good news. Congratulations!
Wow, congratulations !!!
Holy Schnikies! It's HAPPENING!!Wowsers!! The best news I've heard all week!!! Congrats to both of you and we'll be praying for a perfectly smooth trip, in all senses of the words! XO Tiff
I am so, so excited for you Susan and Randy! This will be a trip of a lifetime! Thanks for the heads up on the 100th day...I didn't realize it was almost here. Lydia has talked about it many times since school started. :)
WOO-HOOO!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I wish you all the best, a smooth and easy adoption process and I'm looking forward to hear (and see pictures) of your little one! :))))
Susan,
That is great news. You must be crazy with excitement.
My niece used to love the 100th day of school. Her Teacher would ask for a 100 things in a jar. They played games it was a big deal.
Joy
OMG OMG OMG that is so wonderful so exciting so great!!!! YEAH!!!!!
so happy for you guys!! Safe Travles!!!
Congratulations!
imagine you and Randy will hold your baby for the first time!!!! take lots of pictures and have a wonderful travel!
Love,
Wow, talk about short notice. That is great and I could not be happier for you two. I look foward to hearing all about your trip. Congrats!
Oh my gosh, I can't believe it! That was so fast. Wow! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and your little one!
Post a Comment