We mailed our home study packet on Tuesday and figured the United States postal service would do its darn-dest to get it on the fastest mule they had available and figured it would be several days until our packet made it up the road to Dallas. Wrong! It was in CHI's office the next day much to our surprise. Our CHI rep sent an email to say she needed a couple weeks to review the packet and copy it and would get a social worker assigned to us for our home study. Surprise #2...we received an email the next day with the name of our social worker!
We also found out that the paperwork has changed for the dossier and country registration and the change looks like it is for the better. I sent an email to our CHI rep to clarify a few things before I get my hopes up too high but from what I can gather, a lot of our paperwork is already complete minus the 171H and the home study verdict. We've had some great news this week and I've been humming that song, "I'm Walking On Sunshine" since we got our social worker assigned to us, which beats the "Do Your Ears Hang Low" song I've had stuck in my head since I taught it to my kiddos on Wednesday.
Randy is flying late tonight so I'm getting ready to settle into the recliner to watch "Blades of Glory" and feed myself heaping spoonfuls of chocolate chip cookie dough straight from the tube. TGIF!!
5 comments:
Souds like things are moving along nicely for you. So good to hear. I can only imagine how excited you are.
Huge steps! That's great. You're making great progress.
Before you know it you'll have that 171h in your hot little hands.
But remember this is more of a marathon than a sprint race. Stay focused on the end prize (that child who is waiting for you) and don't worry about any minor bumps you have along the way.
Hey - You got Blog of the Month with CHI!! Soooo fun. I started reading it and thought, I know this already! Congrats on that.
I agree with steveg, remember that it's a marathon and it is a llllloooonnnnggg one but will be worth it in the end.
I fully understand that this is a long road. Randy and I have been waiting for over 6 1/2 years to have a family so we get that it can take awhile. But there is no reason why we can't rejoice in the few things that go by quickly.
Post a Comment