My friend Kathy sent me an email this week that was a story about a man who always had a positive attitude all the time and when someone asked him how he stayed so positive he said that everyday he had the choice to be positive or negative and he chose to be positive. It was a nice email and was inspirational but at the end of the story there was a bible verse that has stuck with me ever since I read the story:
Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Wow! What an appropriate verse for a person trying to complete an international adoption. I know I can be a worrier. I worry about reaccredidation for our adoption agency, I worry about what Putin is doing to the Russian govt, I worry about getting all our paperwork done in a timely manner, I worry about how we are going to pay for the adoption... I can really worry myself if I let it go. But after reading that verse, it is starting to sink in that I need to let that go and let the worry go. Thank you Kathy for the email, I really needed it at this point in our adoption and it has really touched me.
Earlier this week I had decided that at the beginning of each week I would type an "inspirational quote" blog in an attempt to start my week off on a good note and pass along a funny or touching quote to others. After getting Kathy's email I decided that today's entry was a no-brainer on which quote to use. Hopefully, someone will find as much value in it as I did this past week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is PERFECT for adoption - puts things in perspective, doesn't it? I love the idea about the inspirational quote of the week!
Susan,
I will be looking forward to reading your inspirational quotes.
Joy
I love the verse and it is something I need to take to heart! I am constantly worried about everything and my husband thinks I'll worry myself sick one of these days - I will keep that in mind! Thank you for sharing.
Good post! Worrying...it'll get ya. So yes, you should get rid of it! That's a lot easier said than done (especially coming from a person - me - who has 250-ish blogposts and probably 40% of them have to do with worry of some sort!) but it is important to "let go" and let God handle the details!! :)
Post a Comment