Finally, everything is finished for our home study packet and it will be mailed out tomorrow. We had our physicals today which weren't without some sort of drama. We saw a resident so we could get in earlier but I had no idea we'd be seeing Doogie Howser! He was really young and just a little thing. When he came in the door he introduced himself and shook our hands and literally did a spinning, twisting jump up onto the examining bed without using his hands and holding onto our files the entire spin/leap. Pretty impressive gymnastics for early morning. He led our appointment sitting on the bed with his little feet dangling off the side. He asked us some standard questions, listened to our hearts and lungs and then signed off on all the paperwork. As he's leaving to get it notarized I mention to him that we need to get a copy of his medical license so we can check the medical report for the dossier while we are there. He says to us, "I don't have a medical license." Excuse me? "I only have an in-house license good for Scott & White." You've got to be kidding us. Then he proceeds to tell us he is not even an M.D., he's a D.O. which is not acceptable for international adoption. I specifically asked the scheduling lady over and over again if he was an M.D. and was assured over and over again that he was. He ended up finishing our paperwork and we were quickly on our way home. I called our case worker today and explained it to her and she told us not to worry, that she would make it all work out for us. Whew! Getting a medical evaluation has been the hardest part for two run-of-the-mill healthy people to get.
It doesn't matter anymore, it is over and we are done with our home study packet!! On to the next task...the dossier, which I'm not worried about because we have a lot done already and after this health physical ordeal, I'm thinking, "Bring it on, I've taken on bigger giants than you!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yeaaa!! Congrats on getting your home study documents completed! Your doctor story was funny, up to the point he said he didn't have a license! I can't believe you have been through so much to get that appt. and then you have to deal with that! Maybe another doctor in the practice with an M.D. and a license can sign off on the papers based on his evaluation. Our medicals were definitely the biggest challenge, too! We've got to update ours soon, and I'm a bit nervous about it. Good luck with everything!
The dreaded medicals!! Sounds like Doogie was quite the little character. :-) CONGRATS on getting your home study done! The dossier paperwork will fly by, especially since the dreaded medical is done.
Doesn't it feel good to get this done!?! The dossier is a cinch - you can do it! Just a little advice I learned from another blogger: create an excel spreasheet of all your docs and when each of their licenses expire (like Dr. license, notary's expiration, Home Study agent's license, etc.) It has helped me stay on top of that. Best of luck with everything!
Well I'm glad it's done and signed, but my word, what a goof ball! At least you're finished with your home study documents. That's a HUGE step!!
Katie
Glad to hear that the home study documents are completed and you can check that off of the list. Sorry about the hard time it was getting your physicals. No one said it was an easy process to adopt. Atleast that is one obstacle done.
CONGRATULATIONS :)
YEA YEA YEA
Oh my gosh memories of the mounds of paperwork. I remember that we started the process and I remember all those cute mother to be t-shirts and I thought well I am a mother to be so I made my own shirt mine said Paper Pregnant (lol) I am at work but will post a pictuere of it when I get home. Congratulations again!!! We dont have our own boat yet we have many friends so are lucky enough to have time when they go out. Look forward to reading more!!!
Post a Comment