Monday, August 20, 2007

Progress!!

Update: 8/23/07
We are continuing to make progress on our paperwork. I found out we do not have to do the FBI check so we can delete that item. We have not had success making a doctors appointment for our physical. Our mega, massive, take-a-number, health care provider said the first available date to get us in for a physical is November 24th!!! I have a personal call in to our doctor but he is out of the office until Friday so we are waiting to see what we can do there. Thank you Melissa for teaching me how to do the line!! I'm half way through my autobiography and I hope to finish it this week. Tonight is meet the teacher night and I can't wait to meet my darling little angels!

We are making good progress on our paperwork. Yahoo! Below is the list of what we have left to do and I think you'll agree compared to the list that I posted last week, we only have a little bit left to complete for our home study.

To Do:
1. Photocopy of I600A
2. General physical from our doctor (appt will be made on 8/21)
3. FBI check
4. Employment letter (my new contract came out today so I was waiting for the updated $ amount)
5. Financial statement (see reason above)
6. Autobiography
7. Country fee (It did not arrive in our paperwork from St. Louis)

That's it!! Progress, sweet progress, in just one week.

13 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Wow! You're knocking this paperwork out! Good for you!! It's so nice to be able to check things off the list...

Troy and Rachel said...

Great job on the paperwork. When you want something it's amazing how quickly you can get things together!! Keep on truckin'!!

Dede said...

Way to go! Keep up the good work! ;-)

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Good job!! You're moving so fast! The great thing too is that you can use alot of this home study paperwork for your dossier! Then, by the time your home study is complete, you'll just have a little bit of the dossier left!

Anonymous said...

Randy and Susan

We are so excited for you guys!!!. It looks like a long journey but hang in there!!!...We would love to share your journey!

Much love, Hyun Joo and James

Carey and Norman said...

You are getting close to sending in your paperwork. There is no better feeling than to deliver that paperwork and know that it is in St. Louis and then on it's way to Russia. I was so afraid I would lose it, stain it, or the notary/signature would be wrong that it was a relief to know it was completed.

Good luck and we can't wait to hear you are waiting for your little one.

Allison said...

Sounds like you're making great progress! I love checking stuff off of my lists.

Melissa said...

Yippee!! You really are doing great!! BTW, did you get my email about the "strike through"??

Leslie said...

Hi Susan and Randy- I came across your blog and wanted to introduce myself my name is Leslie and my Husband Bryan and I are also adopting from Russia with CHI. When I was reading your blog I was pretty much in awww on how similar our paths have been. I was dx with stage 4 endometriosis and premature ovarian failure I thought when I heard those words that I belonged on the island of misfit toys. Bryan and I also had been trying to have a family for 6 years and also endured all the roads that infertility had to offer. Nonetheless fast-forward through many IVF cycles, many IUI’s, way to many surgeries, needles, blood draws, beta checks and here we are. Did I ever think we would have made it through that? No way but I was wrong……… we have been working on our adoption for a year now we actually stopped for one last surgery for me and now are full force. We have chosen a region in Russia. So now we are waiting for our documents to get translated and sent to our region. So boy do I know where you are coming from with your paperwork. Paper Pregnant is what we called it!! The stages of our adoption have been just as those with any pregnancy. Its wonderful this journey so much to learn and be grateful for everyday I know that we are a day closer to meeting our son. Sorry for the long drawn out msg I just wanted to say Hi and I look forward to following your path to parenthood.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have.

Melissa said...

You are welcome! I just wasn't sure if you got the email or not. :)

Heck, girl, go do a "doc in the box!" They can do physicals!

Melissa said...

Don't go DO the doc in the box. Go TO the doc in the box. Geez, why don't I proofread before I hit enter?? haha!

Joy said...

Hello,
I saw you on a couple of different adoption blogs. I am just starting to blog. I think this is a great way to find support from people that are going throught the same things. I too am just starting the adoption process. I finished my autobiography and I have to tell you I thought it was hard to put my feelings into words. If you do not mind I would love to read along because it seems that we are at the same point in the process.
Joy

Robin said...

Your moving along nicely. Yahoo!!