When I was younger I played soccer and played on the competitive/select teams that you had to try out for. I was always the smallest girl trying out for the teams and before a try out when I was worried about being the smallest player on the team, my father would tell me, "Remember, dynamite comes in small packages," trying to remind me that no matter how big the challenge is don't ever give up. That is something that has stuck with me over the years and it's always been a reminder to me that when I want something, I can achieve it no matter what. I like to call that determination, but I think sometimes Randy calls it hard-headed. (ha ha)
With that in mind, I called the doctor's office today and pleaded my case to yet another person and told them my sorry tale of how long our adoption would be held up by waiting until November for our physical. The lady on the other end put me on hold for quite some time and when she came back she said they can get Randy and I in on Sept 17th!!!!!! Yeehaw!! I guess determination or hard-headedness, whatever you would like to call it, pays off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You go, girl!! Good for y'all!!
Wooohooo! Dynamite! ;-) That is just around the corner... how exciting!
That is great news!!! Determination pays off!!!
That's wonderful. Sometimes talking to a different person can make all the difference. I love your dad's saying and may have to use it occasionally!!
Yeah. Great news!!
Congratulations on the doctor appointment dates. That is wonderful news. One step closer to your child!!
AWESOME job! As I say on my blog - the best Russian proverb is "There is nothing impossible to a willing mind". So very true. Congrats and keep up the momentum!
I knew your prayers would be answered. Congratulations!!
Joy
That's great news! Good job being persistent!!
Post a Comment