It's that time again, another school year begins and I no longer have the luxury of sleeping in everyday. I'm really hoping this is my last year to teach. Hopefully by this time next year I'll be a mommy. I switched grade levels this year and will now teach Pre-K. GASP!! What have I gotten myself into? Meet the teacher night was last week and I met all but one of my students and I must say, they are really sweet and there were a couple that I could have taken home, they were so stinking cute. So I look forward to tomorrow but I'm nervous. I'm not sure who is more nervous for tomorrow; me, the kids or their parents. Check back with me in about three weeks and we'll see how I'm holding up.
Randy and I had a nice, lazy, last weekend of freedom and I need to take this moment to brag on my husband. For those of you that can't handle this kind of sticky, sweet, sentiment...turn your heads. For the rest of you, I have the greatest husband!! Last week I worked A LOT of hours trying to get ready for school and trying to complete adoption paperwork. By Friday I was so exhausted from all the long days and late nights that I took a 45 minute nap on the floor of my classroom in our class library. I curled up with the blanket I use for class picnics, turned out the lights, closed the blinds and went to sleep. As the week drew to a close, our house was not looking it's usual neat and tidy self and I came home on Thursday night after open house to find the laundry going and dinner being made by my darling husband. Then yesterday he helped me get the house whipped into shape by vacuuming the floors and cleaning the kitchen. The final icing on the cake was tonight when he washed my car for me after I complained about how dirty it was. I'm a lucky girl and sometimes I feel guilty that God has blessed me this much while others are not so lucky in love. Randy truly took care of me this week when I needed it most.
Last night we took our friend's children to Austin with us for the Red Bull Flugtag. Have you ever seen the commercials on t.v. where the people make their own flying machine and launch it into the water? We've seen it lots of times and said if it ever gets close to town we'll go. Apparently 100,000 other people in the Austin area had the same idea. We had no idea it would be so packed. We didn't see the show and couldn't find a spot to sit all together. Luckily for us, the kids are so easy going and such great kids. It's one of the reasons we love taking them places and always have fun with them. Even though the Flugtag was a "flooptag" we had fun with the kids and stopped on the way home at Chuy's for some awesome Mexican food, something our little town is desperately in need of. It was a nice way to spend my last weekend of summer.
Well I hear the timer going off, I made brownies tonight to take to work tomorrow. The amount of brownies I consume tomorrow will directly correlate with how my day went with a classroom full of four year olds. Let's hope there is something more than just crumbs left over tomorrow afternoon, and let's hope this is my last year teaching for a few years while I make the transistion from Mrs. Steen to Mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Susan,
Good luck with your first day. If think first days are the roughest. Here is another future moment for you in about 3-4 years you and your husband will be back at the meet the teacher night except you will not be the teacher!
Joy
Though I've never met Randy in person, in all the years I've known you, I've always thought he & Nathan seem a lot alike. Isn't it great to have such a wonderful partner? It REAALLLLY helps to have such a great foundation for when you have your little one home!!
I hope your school year goes well...and hope it's the last one for you for a while!! :)
((HUGS))
Your husband sounds wonderful! It sounds like he'll be a wonderful dad too.
Good luck with your first day of school.
Nothing like coming home to a nice clean house! My hubby was a sweetheart this weekend too. Hope school is going well. It's so hard to adjust to those mornings.
What a great guy to help you out so much. Sounds a lot like Paul. Paul just had 2 weeks off and did practically everything. Cooked, cleaned and took care of me. It was a nice break and now I am missing him a lot now that he is back at work.
Post a Comment