Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Kidney's on Ebay

I finally got through to our doctor's office and the good news is they can get us in on Nov. 18th rather than Nov. 24th!! I'm so glad I went to all that effort to get us in earlier. *insert sarcastic tone* I spoke to Randy about it tonight and we have decided to go out of network and pay for a physical on our own dime. I'm not sure what that cost nowadays but I have a left kidney I'm willing to part with in order to raise the funds. We have made so much progress on our paperwork in such a short time and it makes me sick to think we will be put on hold for almost three months just for a general physical. I know everything happens for a reason and timing is not our timing but God's timing, but I would like this adoption to happen before I'm eligible for the Seniors discount at Denny's. Tomorrow I will begin the hunt for a local doctor out of network to give us a general physical. Anyone know how much kidneys go for on Ebay??

Oh and for those of you that asked about my first day in Pre-K...well let's just say there are no longer any brownies in the pan and it is only day two with a room full of four year olds. Heaven help me!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Fortunately, our insurance is widely accepted in Alabama, so it wouldn't have been a problem for us to have gotten a physical from a random doctor. But also fortunately for us, one of our best friends is a physician, and he did our bloodwork & physicals for us.

Just remember. Your physical is mostly a formality, as long as you are healthy & can get the required bloodwork (now THAT, we had to pay out of pocket for). I honestly don't think that Russia cares who does it, as long as they are an M.D.

In fact, I had talked to my RE about doing our bloodwork & signing off on everything. They were going to do it (I was due for a checkup back then) but our friend ended up being kind enough to offer his services.

All that said...good luck with it. This whole process is frustrating, but good things come from it! :)

I think that I, too, would be eating a pan or two of brownies if I went back to teaching Pre-K. LOL! Hang in there!!

Ryan and Amy said...

Hi there - just found your blog...very cute. We also struggled with doc. appts. more than anything else for our dossier...good news is you still have your right kidney. We ended up asking the nurse to call as soon as there was a cancellation. Good luck! www.rileyadoption.blogspot.com

Robin said...

You defenitly have your hands full teaching pre-k. Karen is in pre-k this year and I can not imagine a room full of them. Good luck. Hopefully it will make the year go by faster and you will be a mommy before you know it. Good luck finding an doctor for those physicals.

Jane and Jim said...

Yeah, the doctor thing is a pain in the rear. Just one more of those "pregnancy pains" we have to go through. UGH. Sorry your insurance doesn't pay. That bites. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Becky and Keith said...

Ughhh... this is bringing back nightmares! The doctor thing was the biggest thorn in our side - for sure. And to think, we get to do it at least once more before the adoption is over! :-) Good luck finding a doctor, I can tell you that my bloodwork cost $290 I think. Ugh, Ugh, Ugh.

Joy said...

Susan,
Here is just a thought. When I spoke with my OB-GYN he told me that he would do my physical and the needed blood work. He is a friend of mine but the blood work that is needed could possible be covered through your yearly GYN appointment. It is just a thought. If you have a good relationship with your OB-GYN he or she could also order at least order the blood work for Randy. This is just a thought.

Also we have what you call "Doc in a box" here in New Jersey. If you are willing to pay for the appointment and the blood work maybe you could use one of these doctors. They are listed as immediate care physicians. Usually we can get an appointment within 2 days. Hope this helps.
Joy

Carey and Norman said...

Ah, the medicals. They seem to be a hold up for many of us. My dad was able to get us into see his doctor. My OB/GYN would not sign as a general practicioner and neither of us had general practioners. So much for being healthy.

I wish you the best of luck as I know how badly you want to have that paperwork completed. It will work out!!

Many Blessings.