5. Your son does something really cute and your husband says, "Oh man, that was so cute and you just ended the blog."
4. You're getting a massage at a high end resort spa and you realize your fuzzy terry cloth robe is tucked into the back of your underwear and you just walked through the waiting area and all you can think of is how soon you can get to your laptop to blog your latest embarrassing moment.
3. Your son is cinched up tight in an over sized life jacket and when he falls backward on the beach and flails his arms and legs around like an upside down turtle, you grab your camera first to capture the shot for the blog before you help him up.
2. You realize you don't have any where else to post all the endless pictures of all the cute-in-my-eyes pictures of your son.
1. You want to start a new non-adoption blog but can't think of a cute name so you turn to your blogging buddies for help.
So you convinced me to start a new blog. This one will not be an adoption blog so I won't feel guilty for posting non-adoption stuff on it but it will have news of life overseas, pictures of Artem, and I'm sure plenty of stories about me exposing my back side to all the waiting patrons at the spa. But I need some help. I can't think of a cute name for the blog.
I want it to be:
* general enough to encompass our life overseas and at home
* general enough that I won't have to start another blog if another child is brought into our family
* nothing to do with our last name
* brief and not too wordy
I've considered the following but aren't really sold on any of them and don't know if they are taken:
*It's Our Wonderful Life
*My Name is Mama
*The Ride Called Life
Someone posted a comment on my farewell announcement and said she enjoyed reading about "the rest of the story" after Artem came home and I thought that might be a good name too. "The Rest of the Story". **Edited to say, "The Rest of the Story" is already taken**
It's 12 noon Texas time on Sunday. I'll decide a name for the new blog by 12 noon Texas time on Wednesday so give me some suggestions!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
45 comments:
So glad your coming back! I've been checking every day to see if you changed your mind due to all the pressure :)
I like "It's Our Wonderful Life" and "The Rest of the Story"
Can't wait to see pictures of Artem!
Yay! Count me in as one who is happy you are continuing. I like This Ride Called Life.
I love The Rest of the Story... so Paul Harvey-ish
Some ideas:
We've Only Just Begun
Walkin' on Sunshine
Lessons from/on Life
Our Life on the Little Screen
Okay so not that great, but then again look at the title of my blog. LOL
I, too, am glad you're back! I like The Rest of the Story . . . encompasses everything.
I like "The Rest of the Story." So glad you've decided to keep blogging!
AJP (from Storknet)
I am thrilled that you decided to stay. Yippie!!! I would have to put my vote on "The Rest of the Story" If its not taken that is. I am not real creative on blog names. Mine is pretty plain, simple and straight to the point.
heehee! I knew you wouldn't step away forever. Thankfully! I kept checking every day just to make sure you didn't change your mind and am so glad to see you're back.
I agree - love "The Rest of the Story".
Sooo...are you in TX or AD now?
It's great to see you again!
Karyn
I'm so excited-I was hoping you would change your mind and keep blogging! I like "The Rest of the Story" too! I can't believe what happened at the spa! That is too funny and sounds like something that would happen to me! :)
I hope you all are doing well and look forward to following more of your adventures! :)
Yeah! I've also been stalking your blog to see if you could quit!! You're such a good blogger I didn't figure you could! I liked the rest of the story, but it sounds "finished" and you're just starting a new chapter. What about "On the wings of love" or "Through the eyes of a child"..... Any name you choose will be great, just be sure to share it!!
Oh thank God! How on earth could you consider taking my comic relief away?! J/K :c) I'm thrilled you're hanging around though.
As for the name, let me see; what about
* Viola!
* Storytime
* Life...Full of Blessings
* Somewhere Over the Rainbow
I love "And the rest of the story". You can't quit!
okay so I love "The rest of the Story"!
I am so glad you decided to keep blogging. I was just sick when I read that you were ending your blog.
My blog is somewhere between an adoption blog and a mommy blog. I mention adoption every now and then just to keep my status.
I love the the spa story. I was once trying on a strapless pageant dress and it was a little big. It fell to my ankles right in the front of the store with all those big mirrors around. Lovely.
I think any of the names are great as long as we can continue to see that sweet little Artem.
How about
Cheerios In Your Shorts
I really like "on the wings of love" --that's really cute!
I'm SO glad you decided to keep blogging! I was gonna be sad not to hear about Adventures Abroad and Beyond! ((hugs)) too funny about the panties/bath robe! lol you crack me up!
Glad you are going to continue and your reasons for doing so sound just like mine :o)
I like all the names mentioned; however, my fav is "The Rest of the Story."
Glad you going to carry on blogging. Hmmm; a new name? Have to think.
A Love Without End
Yes! Life is good. My favorite blog has returned.
Names are hard. I try to name my fish in my aquarium and I come up with things like "Squirrelly Blue Fish". Not sure you want my advice on names, but my suggestion is:
Would you believe …?
Now you have to say it like Maxwell Smart from Get Smart. Do you remember that?
I looked up some quotes that might make good subtitles:
• Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. ~Victor Borge
• The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings
• Life is simple, it’s just not easy. ~Author Unknown
• A life without cause is a life without effect. ~Barbarella
• My life has a superb cast, but I can't figure out the plot. ~Ashleigh Brilliant
I'm sure any name will be fine. I'm just thrilled you will continue to be there.
I vote "the rest of the story"
Glad your going to keep blogging
Janine W
I'm so glad your back you got me addicted to blogs and I don't even know you. Rachel
I was so tickled to see that my comment about wanting to see how the rest of Artem's story unfolds actually made the blog! Hooray for deciding to continue the blog! Artem makes me smile and in the world today that is no small thing. I don't know much about the blogosphere but if "The Rest of the Story" is taken could you just call it "The Rest of OUR Story" or maybe "Finding Our Happily Ever After". Just my two cents.
Gosh Suz, names... hmmm.... "Flying High on the Wings of Love"... hmm...sounds like an 80's song.. which might actually appeal to you! :) My lil' 80's hair band friend. I'll stop there. My creativity bug has yet to bite but I'll let you know should my status change. Love ya girl and so glad you're addicted. There should be support groups for people like us who live our lives through blog lenses. Scrapbooking use to be the catalyst for most my photos/stories. It comes second to blogging now-a-days. I realized my addiction had kicked up a notch when I took pictures of Jack in the E.R. Ahh...the joys of technology and how it shapes us as mothers. I'm sure my mother of the year award is being polished right about now. :)
I like On the wings of Love.. it works on so many levels.. Randy's flying, your travels back and forth and back and forth.. and back and forth... and, angel wings- of course all those angel wings of love that carry you through.
Glad you are back. I hoped you would just start up a new one!
I'm glad you are going to continue. I really like the name My name is Mama!! I think that fits so well!
WOOHOO!! I was so excited to check in here today and see that you're going to continue allowing us to peak into your life, thoughts, and journey! Can't wait for the continuation!
I'm so glad you decided to continue blogging! Any name you choose will be great - I look forward to more funny glimpses into your family life.
Loren in TN (long time lurker, first time commentor)
YAY, its great that you decided to keep up the blog!
I think I might be too late for your decision but I liked Michele R's suggestion of "on the wings of love".
Good luck with the decision and I'm sooo glad you're back!
Yipppeeee!! I'm glad you're staying on!! Your Kinder buddies at VVES are thrilled too!!
We miss you!
i just had a spinal tap today (pressures were at 410 and drained down to 90 which is normal, so i'm pretty sick from all the fluid draining from my brain) and am on painkillers so i can't think of anything creative right now...
...but i am BEYOND THRILLED that you've decided to start a new blog! i was SO disappointed when you decided to end this one, i've come to look forward to hearing about your life with Artem and praying about things that are going on. can't wait to continue following along on the new blog!
- michelle
Name it YAHOO SUSAN'S BACK!!! :)
you said "general enough" twice in your description...is "Life in General" taken?
I'm so glad you changed your mind and decided to start a new blog!I look forward to reading your stories and seeing pictures and videos of that precious little angel boy. You always said you just wanted to make people laugh...I think you have found your niche in life... Artem may be living a Rock Star life in AD.....but you are the Rock Star of blogging!! Here are a few names I thought of:
The Next Chapter
The Journey Continues
The Story Goes On
A Story About Us
Away We Go
Our Storybook of Life
The Road Ahead
The Next Step
It’s A Fairytale Life
Our Life: Table of Contents
Escapades Called Life
Adventures of a Toddler Rock Star
Desert Travelers
Oh What a Day
Just a few to toss around! Just hurry up and decide and get back to business! :)
I am so happy for you that you are starting another blog!! I have to say naming my blog was really hard just for all the reasons that you cited.
What about:
Life With My Loves
Loving Life
Crazy Things That Happen To Us/Me
Its a Wonderful Life
I know what ever you pick it will be great!
Joy
Hmm I like :
Our Journey Continues
Life is a Whirlwind
Finding our Heliport
Life is a Lesson
I am not too creative these days, I think I have Mommy brain. lol
I like "My name is Mama"
I want you to continue, too---and I like all of the titles you posted. (Sorry I'm not much help!)
Hi Susan
I am so glad you decided to continue with the blog. I really enjoy following. I am a Mom of a 2 year old and a 4 year old - both from Russia. I really enjoy following these fantastic kids journeys when they become a part of their family. Thanks for sharing. I dont care what name you pick but wit will be in my favorites list.
Take care
Karen
So happy you decided to continue blogging! Woo-hoo :)
Hey Susan,
Since 'The Rest of the Story' is taken, how about 'The Best of the Story'?
I am SO glad you've decided to come back! I've been reading your blog for quite a while and I was so disappointed when you decided to stop. Yeah! More Artem!
I am SO glad you've decided to come back! I've been reading your blog for quite a while and I was so disappointed when you decided to stop. Yeah! More Artem!
Amen, you are going to keep posting pictures of that cute little nugget of yours! I was going to miss Artem stories and spa stories -
I like "the rest of the story" best!
Glad you are still in blogger land! I'm looking forward to reading your overseas adventures!
how about "our life all over the world"? you have been lots of places and who knows where you will be next?
I'm with all the others -
Don't care what you call it - just keep us all "posted"!
Glad you are back
Post a Comment