I started this blog to keep all of our friends and family updated on our adoption journey and along the way it became a little more than that. It started to take on a life of it's own and at times was therapeutic for me, an escape for me and sometimes it was a royal P.I.T.A. for me when I was busy. But I hope along the way it has helped some people, informed some people and entertained some people.
Now that we are no longer on an adoption journey and Artem has settled into our family, I think it's time to say goodbye to this blog. Randy and I have talked at great length about adopting again and without a doubt would love to return to Russia and would 100% use our agency, Catholic Social Services, again for our next adoption. We don't have any immediate plans to adopt a second child right now, as we want Artem to have his turn in the spotlight and be the center of our world until we think it's time to bring another child into the family. I'm sure when we do I'll have to begin, "Journey to Adopt, Part Deux". I am always available by email, it's in my profile, for anyone that has questions about the process of international adoption.
But for now, we want to say thank you for all the prayers, finger crossing, petition signing, and well wishes that you all have provided to our family throughout the process.
Dasvidanyeh!!
Randy, Susan and Artem

Picture by our good friend, Melissa Bridges
43 comments:
Been a real pleasure to see how your little guy is progressing. The changes we've all seen in both of our boys is just incredible! And my, how time has certainly flown, huh?
Have you considered transitioning to a new non-adoption-specific blog so we can all still keep up-to-date with your goings ons?
I will miss checking in on our blog :( I love seeing the pictures. I don't even know you, but enjoy following along and dreaming of the day we meet our referral. Best of luck to your family!!!
I've enjoyed reading your blog and hope that God will continue to bless your family!
heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com
I also followed your blog from a link on another adoptive family's blog. Your blog was helpful and a joy to read. Best wishes to you!
Myra
I have loved reading your journey and have felt like we are right there along side of you guys. You guys are amazing people and I thank you for letting us go with you on this journey.
I hope you have considered keeping a blog on the life of an expat. I would love to follow your journeys in UAE.
God bless.
It is so sad to see your blog coming to an end. I have really enjoyed reading your story. I, too, have enjoyed your UAE stories as much as your Russia stories. Best of luck to you.
Jodi
Susan,
Thank you for the wonderful accounts of your adoption experience as well as the tips and advice you have provided me along the way.
I will miss following along with Artem's adventures! Great luck to you and your family.
Adrian
Susan,
I am so sad to see you end your blog. I was really interested in hearing more about your journey abroad. I have really enjoyed your honesty and wit. Hopefully we can stay in contact through Email. I would love Ariana to meet another Fryazino friend who was there with her some day..
I'm actually crying... please keep posting about darling Artem and yourselves!
Tammy aka Frogmorest
It was wonderful to meet through our blogs. Many blessings and lots of love as your begin your new journey as a family of three. I'll be excited to follow if/when you decide to adopt again, so keep us posted!!
We will definitely miss seeing the cute pics of this little guy (and Bella!)! Enjoy your time abroad!
Gosh I miss you already! Thanks so much for what you've shared - I've learned a lot from you along the way. I'll look forward to Part Deux! :)
I'm sad you are ending your blog as well! I read your post earlier this morning and was so disappointed. :( But I understand that it can be challenging to do anything else while chasing a toddler! :) I've enjoyed watching you all go through the adoption process and enjoyed watching Artem as he has grown and developed, especially after we had the opportunity to hang out with you all and learn all about him while we were in Moscow! I've also enjoyed your posts from UAE! If you decide to change your mind, you still have a reader here! :) Please stay in touch!
Like all the previous posters, I will miss your posts! Are you sure you dont want to consider a non-adoption blog? Its been a real pleasure to follow along on your journey. Your blog is one of only a few that I still read after we canceled our adoption plans.
Best wishes to you. God bless.
We'll miss your funny posts and pictures of your cutie pie! Wishing you the best and if you decide to adopt again, or start another blog, let us all know.
SO sad that you're not going to be blogging anymore. PLEASE stay in touch!!!
Well, I am officially protesting this decision! I am so sad to see your blog come to an end. I will miss your witty and insightful posts and of course, your precious little boy...
God bless your entire family and you BETTER let us know when Part Deux begins!
Miss you already,
Karyn, Norm & Ilya
Say it isn't so! In the last few months, your blog has become my favorite. It is the first one I check for updates. Please consider starting a new one. I've been looking forward to hearing all about the UAE. I can't imagine not hearing about Artem anymore. I'm sure we'd all be happy with just a short weekly post and a picture or two. Of course, whatever is the right decision for you and your family is what we want. Even once a month could sustain us. Thank you for sharing your life with us. As I'm sure you will see by the many comments you will receive, you have touched many lives. Thanks again and may God continue to bless you and your family.
Boy, a million thoughts are running through my head right now about how I should be supportive of your decision to focus your efforts elsewhere. After all, this blog was about and for you, not me... but in the end, everything always comes back to me so I'll just go ahead and say how much I'm going to miss you. If something funny happens, please send me an e-mail, you are the funniest blogger I know and I will for sure miss your humor! :)
Ondrea
I will add my name to the list of those who hope you will reconsider. I have so enjoyed following your journey and there is so much more to come for your family. Regardless of your decision, thank you for allowing us this small peek into your lives. I look forward to following a "Part Deux", should God lead you in that direction. Take care.
Hey Suz,
I'm right there with ya girl! I support your decision 100% but maybe that's because I know I still get to "chit chat" with you outside the bloggosphere. Just one of the perks of being your best friend, eh? :) Seriously though, your precious family comes first right now as you transition into a new routine, culture and way of life. Enjoy the everyday adventures of being a mommy, wife and the other roles God brings your way. Of course, I'll add my name among the millions of adoring fans who say they'll be here should you ever decide to blog it up in the future. Love and miss ya!
Best wishes in all your new adventures! I've enjoyed keeping up with your beautiful family and laughing (or crying occasionally) at all your stories. I'm sad to see your blog go too. I'll be checking back now and then for part deux!
Best wishes in all your new adventures! I've enjoyed keeping up with your beautiful family and laughing (or crying occasionally) at your stories. I'm sad to see your blog go too. I'll be checking back now and then for part deux!
I will definitely miss reading your blog Susan! Your journey to bring Artem home has been a wonderful one and I hope that you enjoy the time you have together while he is young they grow up soo fast. Please keep us updated on the board. You are a inspiration to all us mom's. Your journey to Artem makes me appreciate my kids so much more in those moments of frustration. HUGS!!
Say it isn't so Susan... I have been so blessed by your faithfulness. Have loved reading about your son and your journey to have him as part of your family. Have just loved every bit of it....
oh please keep blogging, you are so funny, and all of us want to hear about your adventures in UAE
It's been great following your journey as we walk ours! I unofficially said goodbye to our blog months ago by stopping the posts, but have loved reading yours!! Have a wonderful time as an expat and enjoy parenthood!! Isn't it great??!!
Thank you Susan for all of your info. We followed right behind you guy's and all of your info was so helpful to us. Good luck with your new journey! And who knows ... Ava sure has a bunch of really handsome Russian fellows to call for a future prom date!
Nicole
Wait...hold the phone! Who told you that you could end your blog?? Certainly not I! Alas, I truly understand wanting to close out this chapter of blogging... I've been there myself at times.
But you know if you come back and/or decide to start a new "life" blog, you've got a faithful readership!
That, and I'll see ya around. :)
I have so enjoyed reading about your adventures with Artem and now life in the UAE! Please reconsider! This blog has been a tremendous resource for me in my research on international adoption. It is so wonderful to see such a happy outcome. I second the earlier comment - maybe just the occasional update and picture of your little man. I will miss seeing how the rest of his story unfolds.
I will miss following your blog. I hope that someday if you decide to adopt again that you will start another blog!
We will miss your posts/writing about Artem! You are in our thoughts while living abroad! Please send us a little update every once in awhile:) We love Artem!!!!! ps~looking forward to Part 2
I've loved reading your blog and am so sad to see it end. Please consider updating about your new adventures in UAE and sharing more pictures of sweet Artem.
I echo everyone else's response that I will miss reading your posts. It has always given me a smile or a laugh! Thank you for sharing so much of your journey with the rest of us PAP's while we are in various stages of our own. Praying God's blessings on your family!
hi i live in england and brought my son home from russia in feb this year,really sad to hear your blog is ending have loved reading about your experience with gorgeous Artem, good luck with everything,
I'm so sad that you're ending the blog but have really enjoyed reading about life with Artem.
Your blog is definitely one of my favorites and will be missed by myself and many others!
Best of luck in all your future adventures.
I will also miss reading your blog. We went through the process around the same time and our boys are both from Fryazino so it made it even more fun to read about Artem.
Cindy
Aw, Susan, Please keep in touch with me by email!!!! I am dying to know how things go in UAE and with sweet Artem. :)
I feel sad that you are ending the blog but very happy that you are enjoying you little man so much that you want to spend more time and energy on him.
I wish you and your family all the best.
Joy
Ok, Suz. I need you to drop me an email. I'm getting frustrated that my messages are kicking back with some strange alien matrix configuration! Is U.A.E in the outter galaxy somewhere? :) I've been trying for 2 1/2 days now to wish you a happy birthdya! UHG! Miss you, girl! XOXO~Tiff
Oh, susan... thank you so much for doing this through the adoption process and the first 6 months of having him. It's been a pleasure to come and read your posts and see the pictures - love them! I am a little sad to read that you are ending the blog but cam completely understand :) I am excited to hear about your plans to adopt again and will be looking forward to be reading the new blog when the time comes :) God bless your family!
Oh, and I want to second some of the previous posts - Will you consider an occasional post every now and then with a new picture of Artem? That will be AWSOME!! He is so cute and I love to see how he grows into this handsome little man... Like a picture every few months or so or whenever you feel like it? :)
Susan, I am going to miss my daily fix of Artem stories. Please email every once in awhile to let me know how things are going and I will do the same. Artem is a beautiful little boy with a family that loves him dearly!
Post a Comment