Thursday, August 28, 2008

Out of Office

We are almost finished packing for our upcoming Labor Day weekend camping trip. We are soooo excited to go camping especially now that we have Artem. This is what Randy and I live to do and we can't wait to share it with Artem. Last year we bought a new travel trailer and traded in our jet ski on a new super-fast jet ski (I call it Testosterone-On-Water) and then our area received record rain fall and our local lakes flooded, as in lake levels went 26 feet above normal, and it destroyed all the camp grounds in our area (scroll midway down to see flood damage pics for Belton and Stillhouse lakes). We put the travel trailer and jet ski in storage hoping to use it this summer but Randy got the job overseas, so we didn't get to camp. But alas, the unexpected business trip home provides us with a long weekend to go camping and play in the water.





We are going to Granger Lake and Randy's mom and dad will be joining us along with Randy's brother Bill, and wife Amy. Some friends of ours have the camp site next to us and will bring out their crew along with their boat and fishing gear. And we are super excited about Rob, Dede, and Liam coming out on Sunday to spend the day with us!! We haven't seen them since our first trip to Russia in February. It should be a fun weekend!





Melissa flew home yesterday after three photo sessions in two days for us and our friends. She did an incredible job chasing after the toddlers and getting some beautiful pictures of our families. She is busy editing the pictures and photoshopping all my crow's feet out of the pictures. She should have some sneak peak pics up on her photography site in a few days.





I won't be on the computer for the next few days, but I'll be sure to post about Artem's first camping trip when we return.



But for now the jet ski is waxed and ready:





Big Daddy's truck is loaded:





The trailer is stocked:





And Artem has his favorite hat packed (Go Sun Devils!):


Melissa, the pictures are for you...they are all shot on Manual, no more Auto for me!! (Melissa gave me a photography crash course when she was here and convinced me to get out of auto mode)


We are outta here! Have a great Labor Day weekend!

8 comments:

ana said...

Sounds like you've got a fun weekend planned. And how great that you get to see Rob, Dede & Liam. Hope you all have a great time!

Jodi said...

Sounds like you have a FUN weekend planned! How cool to link up Rob, Dede & Liam! Can't wait to see Melissa's pictures. I almost called you guys to see if she could do pics for us, too, but didn't want to interfere in your plans. Have a super weekend!

Carey and Norman said...

Have a fun weekend. Looking forward to seeing pics of your weekend and those taken by Melissa!

Joy said...

Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend. I can not wait to see the pictures.
Joy

Melissa said...

You GO girl!! Can't wait to see more pics...y'all have a fun weekend!

Shane & Marie said...

I hope you had a wonderful time camping and can't wait to hear about it. I wish Melissa could give me a crash course on photography!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Susan, here I am bawling all over again at Melissa's pictures!!!! If I had to pic a fav, that one of you and Artem in B&W is pretty special!!!! And then that one of him and Daddy a little further down!! Wow! Sweet, sweet.

Laura

Dede said...

How about sharing a few of those "manual" mode tips with the rest of us that are stuck in "auto" mode. ;-)