Remember our troubles we had with Artem during bath time in Russia? Those are a thing of the past. Little man loves his bath time now! Everyone said it would get better and it did. Now our battle is keeping him from using his bath toys to drink his bathwater.
Unlike when we first met him, Artem is now willing to try everything we put in front of him and of course every son of a pilot MUST have his own plane to ride on. Artem wasn't too sure about his plane at first but he quickly got the hang of it. I'm not sure who had more fun, Artem or daddy!
The number one thing I hear from people about Artem is how happy he is. He wakes up happy and stays happy throughout the day, except when he's hungry, but occasionally he has his moments and can be a regular crabby britches. Thankfully happy Artem outnumbers cranky Artem. But for those of you that have never seen this side of him, I give you Crabby Britches...
Even when he's crabby, he's still pretty stinking cute! Every nap time and bedtime we do snuggle time where I rock him to sleep, sing to him, and kiss his forehead and nose. Sometimes he gets wiggly on me and tries to get down but I tell him, "it's night night time" and keep holding him close to me so we can continue to work on attachment. The past few naps and nights he has not wiggled at all and settles in really good and stares straight at me while I sing to him. Tonight he got wiggly and I thought "oh no, let's not go backwards here" but he kept wiggling towards me and I finally let go of him so he could adjust and he came right up to my face and gave me an open mouth kiss on the lips and then laid back down into my arms. Could he have melted his mama's heart anymore? What a great month it has been!
10 comments:
God answers prayers. I am glad that everything is settling in nicely. Love the pics and video. Too adorable!
Raising those shoulders up & down was so cute. And girl, you have no idea what is about to hit you!!!! You haven't seen a 'fit' yet. But you're right, even as Mr. Crabby Britches, he's adorable! Did you get my email?
~Katie
That plane is just too adorable! I will have to put that on my possible purchases as a future grandma! Artem is just precious and I know he is such a blessing for you guys. A match made in heaven!
Dinia
You little boys is so cute. I love the plane. What a blessing your boys is doing so well.
Lenka from NH
One month already...unbelievable! You all seem to be doing amazingly well! Artem is just so adorable...happy or crabby! :)
I love the airplane ride on toy. That thing is awesome (like totally). I can imagine you've had so much fun playing with it. I know Norman and I often buy toys that we like for the kids :o) Looks like Randy was enjoying himself too.
Glad you are doing well. Artem is a doll, but you know that! He favors Randy too.
We love that plane! We have one for the boys... endless fun! Oh.. and that was a "fit", girl please! Just you wait! :) I would post a video of one of Jack's fits on our blog but I don't want to ruin the "angel" image he portrays in public. :) HA!
XO
Tiff B
I do not know how you can keep a straight face when he is a bit crabby. He is TOO cute!!
Joy
Captain Artem is too cute!
You sure are enjoying motherhood. Good for you! Your little guy is soooo cute! He is quite the walker too. We are in the process of adopting a little boy from Ukraine.
Post a Comment