Speaking of eating, he is getting much better about yelling at us when he wants food. When I'm cooking I give him something to munch on while I prepare his meal and instead of standing next to me screaming for food, he's now smacking me in the butt. The first time he did it I about died laughing and I looked at Randy and said, "did you teach him this?" I let him know that technique was not appreciated and it stopped after two days.
So back to the doctor's visit. The doctor had no concerns at all regarding Artem and was very impressed on how healthy he is and how well attached he is to us. Artem had his "Very Hungry Caterpillar" board book with him and he shared it with the resident doctor. He opened each page and pointed to the caterpillar and said, "bug". He built towers with his Lego's that we brought for him and tried to climb the examine bed using the stirrups as leverage. The doctor gave us the referral and I watched the nurse fax it to our insurance company. Later in the afternoon I called to make sure the referral was approved and our insurance company informed me that Artem had been "termed" (removed) from my insurance and they cannot process his referral to the IA clinic in Houston. These are the same people that gave me his membership number on Wednesday of this week and informed me that he had been successfully added. Have I not made it clear throughout the life of this blog how impossible it is for us to get medical treatment in this area??? Reason #7,395 that I HATE our insurance company!! Getting this straightened out will be priority number 1 on Monday so we can make the Wednesday appointment. I've already had to reschedule the appointment with the IA doctor once after our insurance company did not get Artem enrolled on the date promised. I guess that would be reason #7,396 to dislike our insurance agency.
We had a lot of fun with Artem this week. He got a new swing set and Randy got it put together for him and Artem proved to be quite the monkey as he climbed everything he could. We also got out his remote control airplane that Auntie Wanda and Uncle Mike got him. I've got great videos of both events but I can't figure out how to get the video off Nero vision and saved on the computer so I can make a movie. I've done it before so you think I could do it again but then again I've had a major case of "toddler who runs around like his hair is on fire" so my brain may slowly be turning to mush. I will not let it beat me, I promise you video.
Here are a few pictures from this week:
Artem got a hold of my sunglasses after asking him to leave them alone but then acted like he was only giving them to me. Can you say, "manipulate my mama?"
My girlfriend Susan in Phoenix sent us the lamp that matches Artem's bedding. I oohhed and aahhed over the lamp while Artem seemed to enjoy the packing material more.
My mom knitted Artem a sweater, hat, and bag to carry his toys in. He loved the bag and was clapping every time I showed him how to put another item into his bag.
Since Artem wasn't with us since his birth, I missed the opportunity to take the newborn hair swirl picture but I think his 17 month old hair swirl is just as cute!
13 comments:
I've had a few struggles with the insurance company too. They sure didn't give me any problems when my daughter was born. I don't know why the process has to be so difficult for adopted children. God provides wonderfully, so I am sure that all will work out with regards to the appointment.
OH I hear you on the insurance struggles! I hate dealing with insurance and I despise the whole referral process! I'm curious which doctor you saw and if you used the one that we see or not.
It sounds like Artem is doing AMAZING!! Let's try and get together this next week. Maybe Cade and I can meet you at the park one morning.
Artem is so cute - glad he did so well at the doctors!!
Jodi,
We saw Dr. Coles and he asked if we knew you guys. :)
Houston is suppossed to be Dr. Schwarzwald.
It looks like he's doing GREAT! Good luck with the IA doc in Houston!
I almost forgot - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY SUSAN!!! Yay, the day is finally here to say that!
How cool that you saw the same doctor and that he made the connection. :) We really like him.
Don't be terribly surprised if you don't actually see Schwarzwald in Houston. We had an appointment with her the first time and saw someone else. Each of the doctors we saw there were great though, so don't worry about it. :)
Happy Mother's Day, Susan! I know this one's going to be extra special for you!
Hope you get all the insurance stuff sorted quickly.
Wishing you a wonderful first Mother's Day.
Happy Mother's Day!
Susan, we have been watching your blog for a while now, and I just wanted to wish you a Happy MOTHER'S Day!
Happy Mother's Day, Susan!!
Laura (zachytacky)
Happy Mother's Day! Love the picture in the header!
Sorry to hear about the insurance. I'm glad Artem is growing well (in both directions :o). I just love that he has been smacking you on the bottom. I just think that is hilarious. They learn young, don't they?
Post a Comment